Sign in to follow this  

12 Dual Injection on 11 - Electrical Harness?

I have been looking into the parts necessary to make the 11 KX250F work with the downstream injector from the 12. I know I will need the ECU, and the electrical harness is also different. On the 11 it is a main harness with a sub-harness that has the Throttle Body Sensors and the injector, while the 12 has one harness with all the connectors on it. I am trying to figure out if I can modify the 11 harness to work with the 12 ECU and injector. There are only 2 more wires on the 12 harness for the downstream injector. One of these is a ground that is in parallel with the primary injector in the throttle body. The other is a separate wire that runs all the way back to a pin in the ECU. What I am hoping is that the 36 pin ECU connector form the 12 and 11 is the same type, and that the pin assignments are all the same; the 12 would have a wire for the injector where the 11 has an unused pin. There are twelve unused pins on the 11 ECU. I have the service manual for the 11, and if I had it for the 12 I could figure this out easily. Page 3-12 in the 11 service manual has the ECU pin assignments. I have been able to download the owners manual for the 12 from kawasaki so that is where I got the wiring diagram and saw that they are the same except for 2 wires. If I could get the page with the pin assignments for the 12 I would have this all figured out. It would save about $200 which is the price of the complete harness for the 12. If I can mod the 11 harness, all I will need is some wire, a pin fitting that I can press into the 11 connector at the right spot, and a 2P connector for the injector. It would make the upgrade to the dual injector setup about $650 instead of $850. Anyone with the 12 service manual who can get me the pin assignments for the 12 ECU, that would be much appreciated. PM me please.

thanks for letting me know. That is a bummer. I do not understand why they would go through the trouble of re-engineering the harness when it was just a small change. MAybe the sub-harness and its additional waterproof connectors were a place they could save a little on production. It is nice to have the sub harness though, at least if you are taking out the throttle body once in a while. The sub-harness lets you unclip 2 connectors instead of 5 to get the throttle body unhooked. Oh well. Now I know. That is a show-stopper. Gonna have to buy the harness too for the 12.