Sign in to follow this  

Good/No good: Trailer in a Bag

Has anyone used a Trailer In A Bag before? Is it reliable?

What's the most reliable, yet economical trailer I should use for a sport bike?

Has anyone used a Trailer In A Bag before? Is it reliable?

What's the most reliable, yet economical trailer I should use for a sport bike?

I have no personal experience with trailer in a bag, but from the looks of it, it seems kinda flimsy...might be OK for a small moto bike, but a bigger sport bike...well, I'd want a sturdier trailer.

Trailer in a bag I think is geared towards those who have no place to store a trailer but their trunk...if you have a place to store a decent trailer, I'd opt for something more substantial.

I certainly don't have the space to store a trailer. Those ones that stand up seem very pricy. Are there other cost effective methods?

I certainly don't have the space to store a trailer. Those ones that stand up seem very pricy. Are there other cost effective methods?

Do you have room for a Harbor Freight folding trailer? Folds up, stands up, and takes up about as much space as a ping pong table.

Another option (depending on your tow vehicle) is a hitch hauler, but you need a substantial enough vehicle to support the bike.

Prius's need not apply.:busted:

Do you have room for a Harbor Freight folding trailer? Folds up, stands up, and takes up about as much space as a ping pong table.

Another option (depending on your tow vehicle) is a hitch hauler, but you need a substantial enough vehicle to support the bike.

Prius's need not apply.:busted:

That might work, but it seems to have much less support for the bike in comparison to other more specialized trailers. Cool how it folds up though!

That might work, but it seems to have much less support for the bike in comparison to other more specialized trailers. Cool how it folds up though!

I have seen where people have removed the little casters from the rear, and fashioned a system where they're on the side, tip the trailer onto it's side (and onto the casters) and roll it out of the way.

This way, you can do away with the folding option, and use a full continuous sheet of plywood for decking.

I have used one for about 4 years. Started by carrying BMW R1200 GS, behind Subaru Outback (4cyl).

Trailer works absolutely great.

Have carried about 4 different - thumper - bikes since then. Mostly in New Mexico and Canyonlands.

I never put it back in the bag, but the 2 major pieces come apart in 15 seconds and they take up about 3' by 4' in the back of my garage up against the wall.

On one trip, I put the trailer pieces in the back of the Subaru, drove to El Paso airport; parked the Subaru (trailer inside) there; flew out; flew back to Albuquerque airport; rode motorcycle from there to car/trailer in El Paso; assembled trailer; and towed the motorcycle on the back of the Subaru from El Paso back home.

(Don't ask why.....that was a strange week.)

I use a $700 utility trailer with ramp if I am carrying more than one bike, but have only good things to say about Trailer in a Bag for its intended design.

I saw a video of thieves stuffing an R6, IIRC into a mini van. I'm waiting for the sequel to come out where the R6 owner comes out with a tommy gun and turns the whole mess into swiss cheese.

There was rumors of a scene where the cops go looking for it and find it, arrest the crooks and bring them to justice, but it was over budget and no body believed it in the screenings, which didn't matter, the actors playing the cops went out for donuts and never came back, claiming something about being union or some such.