Sign in to follow this  

WR250F clutch problem after removing Rekluse

I'm selling my 2007 WR250F so I pulled my Rekluse out of it. I reinstalled the stock clutch and it's not working. It was working fine with the Rekluse.

For starters, I can't seem to adjust the clutch cable in any way that adds freeplay to the lever. I've tried adjusting it all the way in and all the way out - still no freeplay.

When I start the bike and pull in the clutch lever, there is normal tension and there is a rattling or spinning sound coming from the clutch case area. When I put the bike in gear, and let the clutch out, nothing happens.

I've installed new friction and steel plates and the symptoms are the same. I can see the pressure plate moving in and out when I have the clutch cover off and pull the lever. I have also confirmed all plates are in their correct positions.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the feedback but it turned out to be the spacer that goes on the end of the plunger that pushes the pressure plate out. It was stuck and I thought it was part of the plunger itself. It was actually a Rekluse part. Everything worked fine once I removed it.