Sign in to follow this  

Gear shaft interchangable?

Hey I recently got a YZ 250 I was told it was a 98 model, which me being a :busted: didn't check, it had a welded on gear lever so I ordered a new gear shaft for it to then find out its a 95 model

Without me opening the packaging on the shaft does anyone know if it will fit? I can't imagine much changing in 3 years

On the left hand side, under the "Where Used" "Where does this part fit" enter the part number and you'll see every application that part is used for. :busted:

http://www.ronayers.com/....

Awesome link! :busted:
“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to number9 again.”

Hey I recently got a YZ 250 I was told it was a 98 model, which me being a :busted: didn't check, it had a welded on gear lever so I ordered a new gear shaft for it to then find out its a 95 model

Without me opening the packaging on the shaft does anyone know if it will fit? I can't imagine much changing in 3 years

Yes, it will fit. Same exact part # 95' & 98'. (3XK-18101-02-00)

95' shifter part diagram

98' shifter parts diagram

• Like 1

Awesome link! :busted:

I use ronayets site for parts lookup and investigation. Their prices are too high though so I build my parts list there and go buy them at zanotti as I have not found a cheaper place to order oem Honda or Yamaha parts period.

The ronayers search + zanotti prices is a great combo.

I may add one more step; order from the TT store. They match prices, and sent me an email offering some decent discounts. :busted:

I've heard they price match, but the way I look at it is if your prices are not competitive at face value why should I spend the effort to call or email

to ask if you will match prices at place "X" when I can just go there and click the "buy" button.

I've always been in agreement with the saying by either Ray Crock or Dave Thompson that a business should seperate the customer from their money as quickly as possible. If I have to ask or persuade or argue with a business to take my money, I'll go give it to someone else.

Thanks for the links guys, I woulda took you up on the cheap one but I'd already ordered the 98 one! *sigh*

Big help anyway I'll keep those links :busted:

I've heard they price match, but the way I look at it is if your prices are not competitive at face value why should I spend the effort to call or email

to ask if you will match prices at place "X" when I can just go there and click the "buy" button.

I've always been in agreement with the saying by either Ray Crock or Dave Thompson that a business should seperate the customer from their money as quickly as possible. If I have to ask or persuade or argue with a business to take my money, I'll go give it to someone else.

:busted: :busted: :bonk: