Sign in to follow this  

Best pipe for '01 250?

I'm in the market for a new pipe for my CR, and I'm looking for some advice. I crushed my pipe the other day (I HATE ROCKS). I previously had an FMF Fatty, and I wanted to see if there was a better option. My first concern is durability (I'm on a schoolboy budget so this pipe better last), and obviously my second concern is performance. What I really want to know is how the PC pipes stack up compared to FMF, but I am open to almost anything. However, I prefer a works or chrome style pipe.

I saw a fatty that was in great shape on ebay for $90 a while back..I wished I bought it...

ultimately I think I'm gonna get a new fatty and a used gnarly just to have the best of both worlds

On my '05, the stock pipe was noticeably better everywhere vs the Gnarly.

Only downside is the stock isn't as thick in mat'l as the gnarly. Still, my gnarly pipe's been retired for the past 3 yrs now. Can't go wrong w/ a stock pipe for offroading.

I just switched for a Fatty to a Gnarly. The Fatty was all top end on my '01, the Gnarly gave it WAY more low end and a stronger middle. A lot of people complain about the Gnarly not having enough over rev, but it has more than enough top end still for off road riding.

+1

Total bs about the gnarly robbing tons of top end. It very minor loss and it will make the motor lug and pull hard and clean off the bottom.