Sign in to follow this  

Linkage greasing

Can anyone recommend a grease gun and other equipment for lubricating suspension linkages and the various components with grease nipples? What size are the grease nipples? Thanks for any tips.

there are no nipples you have to tear it apart and manually inspect clean and regrease... do not use compressed air on the bearings

Oh yeah silly me. It's only the aftermarket linkage sitting on my bench that has a grease nipple. No wonder I couldn't find anything in search! Thanks.

actually the 07 and previous had two on the linkage. just pull the linkage and install them making sure that the nipples will clear everything when installed and moving

My '11 TE449 has grease fittings on the linkage. Any standard grease gun will fit them.

TE610 has two grease fittings on the linkage. Look pretty standard. Unfortunately, they point straight down, making them the lowest part of the bike in front of the rear tire. There have been well-documented cases of them getting broken off, leaving the bearing unsealed.