Sign in to follow this  

Diffrenece between 06 CRF250R and 06 CR250R

Wondering what is different between the 06 CRF 250R and the 06 CR 250R? I realize one is a four stoke and the other two stoke.

Outside of engines being different, are the frames and suspensions the same?

Thanks for the help!

Wondering what is different between the 06 CRF 250R and the 06 CR 250R? I realize one is a four stoke and the other two stoke.

Outside of engines being different, are the frames and suspensions the same?

Thanks for the help!

Suspension is the same, besides the shock Clevis is diff lengths and internals will have diff sEttings..

Font fender is the same

Handle bars

Tipple clamps

Foot pegs maybe?

That's probably it they are very different bikes:p

I have ridden both of these bikes at the California sand dunes, and I can tell you they both have their own personalities out there.

The CRF250 is actually a little easier to ride and more forgiving.

The CR250 demands your full attention, and is sometimes a handful.

( It can also throw you a few surprises now and then, so you gotta be paying attention to it constantly )

The CR250 needs to be in the right gear and on the powerband at all times.

It's alot of fun.

The CRF250 is more mild-mannered, but you can still have a great time on it.

The handling and ergo's of both bikes are very similar.

If you like the feel of one, you will like the feel of the other one.

The big difference is with the engine, and how it delivers the power.

The CR250 is peaky, and doesn't like to be lugged around.

And it jumps on the powerband quick so be ready for the hit.

STRONG midrange hit.

The CRF250 is linear with it's power delivery, but it doesn't quite have as much. 10 horsepower difference is probably about right, but the CR250 will surprise you with it's power. The CRF is predictable.

Which bike is right for you? That's up to you.

I like the fun-factor of the CR250R. I like the challenge of having to work it.

The CRF250 lacks a little power for me to be satisfied with it, but the suspension and handling are SUPERB.

I have ridden both of these bikes at the California sand dunes, and I can tell you they both have their own personalities out there.

The CRF250 is actually a little easier to ride and more forgiving.

The CR250 demands your full attention, and is sometimes a handful.

( It can also throw you a few surprises now and then, so you gotta be paying attention to it constantly )

The CR250 needs to be in the right gear and on the powerband at all times.

It's alot of fun.

The CRF250 is more mild-mannered, but you can still have a great time on it.

The handling and ergo's of both bikes are very similar.

If you like the feel of one, you will like the feel of the other one.

The big difference is with the engine, and how it delivers the power.

The CR250 is peaky, and doesn't like to be lugged around.

And it jumps on the powerband quick so be ready for the hit.

STRONG midrange hit.

The CRF250 is linear with it's power delivery, but it doesn't quite have as much. 10 horsepower difference is probably about right, but the CR250 will surprise you with it's power. The CRF is predictable.

Which bike is right for you? That's up to you.

I like the fun-factor of the CR250R. I like the challenge of having to work it.

The CRF250 lacks a little power for me to be satisfied with it, but the suspension and handling are SUPERB.

Thanks sandmantis!

Are the suspensions the same! I have a 06 CRF250R and really like the way it handles. I like that it is light and nimble moreso than my CRF 450R. My 06 CRF 250R just does not have the power I am looking for to move my 200 lb frame around. I want more power but dont want more weight and loss of the nimble handling.

I race HS and CC. Trying to decide to sell the CRF250R and buy a CR250R.

The suspension feels close to the same to me.

Of course, it's all about the adjustments, and these two bikes did not have exactly the same suspension adjustments, but both of them could easily be dialed-in to feel very close to each other if not totally identical.

Setting the SAG, working with the clickers, fork oil level, and spring rates are all things you do when you get a new bike anyway. You gotta make it good for YOU.

ONE OTHER VERY IMPORTANT THING I forgot to mention was STARTING.

The CRF250 is sometimes hard to start when it is hot.

I remember I had to kick it like 20 times to start it.

This did not happen all the time, just once in awhile. And trust me, if it happens ONCE, it's one time too many.

The CR250R 2-smoker fires up on the first or second kick EVERY TIME.

Very easy to start. I like that. Only other bike I every owned that was easier to start was my 2000 Banshee.

Nobody likes to be out in the middle of nowhere, kicking a bike 20 times trying to get it going again. Takes all the fun out of the whole experience.

So "starting" is a major important factor for me.

Thanks sandmantis!

Are the suspensions the same! I have a 06 CRF250R and really like the way it handles. I like that it is light and nimble moreso than my CRF 450R. My 06 CRF 250R just does not have the power I am looking for to move my 200 lb frame around. I want more power but dont want more weight and loss of the nimble handling.

I race HS and CC. Trying to decide to sell the CRF250R and buy a CR250R.

A 200lb rider is not an issue for a 250F, but it sounds like the CR2 is what your looking for. They work very well for the riding you have in mind, for MX the 250F would have the advantage IMO, for most of us anyways.

I dont know about the 06 crf250, but my buddy bbought a new leftover 08 early last year. THat thing is a bich to start if you stall it or wipe out. At first I was thinking he was just not used to it, but it still is doing it even after checking/adjusting valves and jetting work.