Sign in to follow this  

125 2t In my 250f

So I have been pondering a project...

I have an 02 yz250f thats is pretty much stock. I was wondering if it was possible to drop a yz125 engine into my 250f and how much custom modification it might need.

Any tips, experience, or links are appreciated

Thanks,

well it won't just "drop in" i can tell you that much. What year is your 125?

Any motor swap is possible it just depends on several things. 1) money 2) mechanical skill/knowledge 3) fabrication skill/knowledge. Hell, with enough of all three I'm sure you can stick a small block Chevy in that S.O.B.!!

Any motor swap is possible it just depends on several things. 1) money 2) mechanical skill/knowledge 3) fabrication skill/knowledge. Hell, with enough of all three I'm sure you can stick a small block Chevy in that S.O.B.!!

"now thats funny right there" Larry the Cable Guy

To each his own...but why would you want to do this? What does the 02 chassis offer that an 02+ yz125 doesn't have? Some swaps make sense but I can't figure out what would justify this one.

I wouldnt do it, its going to be alot of work for no reason. The handling wont improve, and something to think about is would it handle worse, because of the difference in weight in the two motors it could throw off frame geometry etc??