Sign in to follow this  

2009 CRF450r ?

Got to ride an 11 model recently with a Yosh pipe, suspension done by FC & an Eddie remap. I was impressed enough to sell my 06 & give the new efi model a try. I just picked up an 09 last week with under 10 hrs. & have been on the search forum trying to get as much info on the bike. what I've learned is the earlier yr released bikes had a decomp pin recall. The suspension will need some work (unbalanced chacteristic)add a merge knucle & a remap. Also read that there was some gas leaking from the injectors into the oil on the 09/10 bikes. Not sure if this was fact or myth as there were threads on contradicting one another. Those were the main issues that stood out. I'd like to get some updated info, sugestions or feedback for those of you that have experience with the efi bikes. Thanks in advance.

BTW bike has rg3 triple clamps, renthal twimwall oversize bars, full yosh system, revalved & sprung susp. just not my weight. It was hard to pass up this deal.

Also got in contact with a local tuner that recomended a TB mod. Has any body done it to a 09/10 & what results did you get ?

Edited by Hondasforlife

Some guys do a bunch of mods (like me) and some guys ride the 09 bone stock and are very happy with it. I would ride the bike and see how it fits you and your ridding style before making any changes. As far as the fuel in the oil debate the answer to that is tatooed on the Chupacabras ass. Good luck with finding that one. I just change the engine oil every two rides just as a safe guard. Here are some mods / addons that I feel have worked well for me. I am a C class MX ridder.

RG3 Suspension revalve

Stealthy 17oz FW

Magura Hydraulic Clutch

Injectioneering throttle body mod

2010 Fuel pump filter

Splitstream tank Fuel Filter

IMS foot pegs

As far as the fuel in the oil debate the answer to that is tatooed on the Chupacabras ass. Good luck with finding that one. :busted:

RG3 Suspension revalve

Stealthy 17oz FW

Magura Hydraulic Clutch

Injectioneering throttle body mod

2010 Fuel pump filter

Splitstream tank Fuel Filter

IMS foot pegs

Good info. Injectioneering did your TB mod how much was it & what results did you get ?

I think it was $225 + shipping. It added lowend and smoothed out the feel of the on/off throttle chop. He did a great job with the TB but is not the best at getting it back to you in a timely manner or answer his calls. If you have him do your TB ask him to tell you the trick to installing the airbox / subframe assembly. It takes a 2 hour swearing match to a 5 min going together like butter.

just use the '11 throttle body - better everywhere.

After riding the 11 & my 09 I liked the throttle response of the 11. I had priced the 11 TB & it's around $500 the mod from a local tuner is $185. I'm going check ebay & see if I can find an 11 TB. Rode the bike this weekend & like the feel of the bike it feels like my cr250 with a 450 motor. :busted: