Sign in to follow this  

Washington Any good winter riding near North Bend?

Manastash area was the go-to over the summer, but now it seems like that's a snowmobile park until spring... you guys know any other good places within an hour or two of the Snoqualmie/North Bend?

northfork dirt roads are your best and only bet

Sounds about right, just thought I'd check. I really want to get down there and try out Tahuya but my brother keeps whinging about how far it is... so maybe once I get my own pickup I'll check it out.

Tomorrow we're gonna try and get one last run in over in manastash off golf course rd. :busted:

Sounds about right, just thought I'd check. I really want to get down there and try out Tahuya but my brother keeps whinging about how far it is... so maybe once I get my own pickup I'll check it out.

Tomorrow we're gonna try and get one last run in over in manastash off golf course rd. :busted:

I dunno....here is what we found today on the other side of manashtash area ( far west of naches area) :busted:

IMG_0513.jpg

1 1/2 hours and you could be riding at Belfair. That drive isn't too bad. I use to do it from North Bend. Now I am a little closer but it's more or less the winter riding area..

there's a dirt bike trail on mt. si? if so, that would be perfect. :busted:

and joe, looks like you had some fun buddy! we did make it out today off of golf course road and got a few hours of riding around in the frost and snow dusting. nothing as heavy as where you were at.

beautiful day out there! and once you start working, you forget about being cold. :busted:

The trail up Mt. Si is hikers only.

You know what happened there don't you? The only difference between "hikers only" and "bikers only" is a small underscore missing off of the "b" that makes it an "h". It's just a weather worn sign, thats all. I thought everyone knew that. :busted:

"I thought everyone knew that."

Everybody but me, I guess. I'll be over there roosting switchbacks tomorrow. Look for me in the newspaper weds. or Thurs. ,<G>

I dunno....here is what we found today on the other side of manashtash area ( far west of naches area) :busted:

IMG_0513.jpg

Is lower Taneum still rideable?

there's a dirt bike trail on mt. si? if so, that would be perfect. :busted:

:busted:

you know. there is a trail to the north of the hiking trail that goes up near the ridge. it's the old hiking trail. hmmmmmm(..........thinking........)

you know. there is a trail to the north of the hiking trail that goes up near the ridge. it's the old hiking trail. hmmmmmm(..........thinking........)

Shhh...whats the first rule of fight club:busted:

Tinkham Exit off I-90 has an area open for motorized. It was a trials area that 2PLY was involved in devloping long ago that has pretty much been taken over by the brush/nature again.....Not sure how the FS would react to some trails just showing up......

Mt Si might as well be a biker trail as it looks like one. There are roads that lead up there as well. I remember riding up the roads many years ago and walking down to the top of the hiking trail and people asking how we got up there.

well that sounds like a good weekend activity, go scoot around tinkham and look for likely spots to have a little anonymous trail system. and don't worry about si, i will tell no one :busted: