Sign in to follow this  

Suspension settings for a heavy rider?

Trying to keep it simple here. I weigh 220ish. Just wondering how many clicks on the rebound and dampening should I move from stock. Front and back? The bike is brandnew. Not sure what the stock setting are meant for? Guess 160 or 180 pounders? I ride fairly dry terrain. I know I should just play around with it, but it all feels so new to me that I don't really know how it should feel. Any ideas sure help,

Thanks,

PS, I won't ask anymore oil questions. lol

Run grapeseed oil in both sides. Higher flash point. :-)

Without re-valving and re-springing all you can do is just ride it and experiment. Take a couple hours and a screwdriver and run through a section of terrain, with full gear, that has a little of everything if possible,( I know that's really impossible) over and over. Make one adjustment at a time meaning don't adjust comp. and rebound the same run. Adjusting the forks can make the rear feel different and vise versa Try and get the bike as balanced as you can.

Do just what Georover said.

It's a great way to get to know your bike, and learn how it handles.

Learn to set your rear sag, check you tire pressures, and adjust you clickers to your liking.

-25/100mm

-13/13psi

-stock settings

Then ride and try with two clicks out on front and rear compression, and see if it turns better or worse, better rear traction or worse, etc.