Sign in to follow this  

Home made MCCT pics

Here is the mods I made to my ACCT to make it manual adjustable.

DSC03489.jpg

It's just an allen bolt ground in the shape of a flat blade screwdriver with an o-ring to prevent oil from leaking.

DSC03490.jpg

Then a loctited nut on the end to adjust with a regular wrench and a locknut to lock the bolt once adjusted.

Here's a pic of it extended.

DSC03491.jpg

I'm hoping it doesn't twist loose with vibration, time will tell.

Thanks for the links but none of those have the same type of plunger as mine, which has a self spinning thread pitch (might be an older model of tensioner) that with the constant chain pressure will apply a twisting force to the fabricated bolt and might loosen the locknut.

Yes you have the 1st GEN ACCT, Yes the spring tang was known for breaking off allowing loss of cam chain tension and damaged engines.

Yes your Modification should work, or it may as you theorize work lose while running.

If the jam nut is tight against the body, locking the plunger in place it’s probable fine.

I’m the poster boy for home made parts and tools… but with a critical part like this, and a cheap known successful deigned part that is commonly available worldwide. I would not spend a moment of time building one.. Perhaps to save a weekend ride while I waited on a replacement part ordered.. but not otherwise.

Edited by E.Marquez