Sign in to follow this  

adjusting powervalve on 2000 rm 250

anybody ever adjust the power valev and if so how much and what effect did it have?

I did, it changed the bike dramaticly. I purchased mine after a rebuild and the guy had fiddled with it and as a result my LTZ400 could beat it. If you turn the one all the way back (anti-clockwise) then turn it clockwise until it clicks is stock (by memory 1 or 2 full turns). Under the case ned to it we have changed that one a bit aswell and think we have it at its peak power without bogging down and hesitating.

It will make a noticable difference and it is nice because it allows you to time the pv to open when YOU want it to (like as soon as the pipe wakes up, or a bit later for a smoother hit). VERY SMALL ADJUSTMENTS can be felt on the test rides. I believe 180° clockwise is stock. I try to open mine as soon as i feel that pipe coming on STRONG so it dosent slap closed when my wheel hooks up good.

Maybe it is one full turn. I wasnt sure. Set it to stock. Try it. Then back it off 1/8 of a turn and try it again. Go the same amount from stock in the opposite direction. Try it. As you will find it dosent take much of a deviation from stock to feel the change.

Cw ( tighten ) will cause the valve to open at higher rpm.

Ccw ( loosen ) opens the pv at lower rpm.

If you set it to open too early, it will loose power and sound different-louder before the pipe wakes up.

It almost feels like a slight bog if i opens too early. Experiment with it, make a mark on the adjuster to the cylinder before you start so you can put it back to where it was if need be, then try messin with it a little bit. Ride it after each adjustment and see how it reacts. Just turn it 1/4 turn or less the first couple times ( less is better ).