Sign in to follow this  

PGM-FI Setting tool help

I purchesd the Honda setting tool, I have the actual connector and the CD, now I have 2 problems:

A - It says CRF 250R 2010, I geuss thats because this product got to the store last year, but it should be fine for the 2011 edition, right?

B - I have read the maunal, and didn't quite understand, I would have played with it a little bit but am afraid of doing damage, is there anywhere I can learn how to use this cool thing?

How can I backup my setup thats the first thing I geuss I should learn, and then how to mess around with it, and how should I start tuning my machine...

Thanks,

Niv

ya the 2010 this is fine it doesnt make any diff as long as you got the correct sub harness your golden. you have an online manual on that disc for all info. U can go data read and it will have the current setting on ur bike . then u can save it. Date write is what u use when u have a pre programmed map and ur installing it on ur bike. Its really easy. read the online manual if your still confused. Do u have maps from eddie?

Not yet, geuss I'll get one.

But can't I do the re-mapping? maybe it won't be spot-on as eddie (without a dyno nearby and all) but it should be fine...

After all with the carb I used to jet it by online instruction, the 250R 09 and the two stroke I had before...

witch system works the best , the honda pgm fi setting tool or a powercommander or the wiseco fi programmer . i have to bay one to adjust the bike,s seeting buth wath is the best and easyest.