Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha PeeWee 50

Lots of info to be found on the internet - check www.pwonly.com for a decent resource (although I would not buy parts from there are they can be found cheaper on ebay)

I've rebuilt 4 of these (for my son, our neighbor and a few for resale) - they are pretty simple once you get in there.

Mark

buy the Clymers for $20 on ebay, you won't regret it.

son loved his, great bike for really young riders.

if you go on ebay and look up parts it take you to a guy who builds chinese replacement parts. The parts are ok but way cheeper then oem. What do you need to fix? They are nearly bullet proof. If your are just doing a restore, start with clutch shoes (or springs if you have enough lining), brake shoes, cables, and I removed the oil injection, drop a little weight and then you don't have to be worried about pump failure or air in the line. Also learn to play with jetting. Run it rich to slow her down (have extra plugs for when they fail) and if your kid needs it to run jet it right and they will move really good.

Yamaha of Australia will allow you to download a manual that should tell you everything you want to know and more. The year may not be exact, but they haven't changed much so you'll be fine.

Typically, keep oil in the oil injection tank, gas in the gas tank, oil in the transmission and the carb clean (shut off the gas when parking it and drain the carb if storing for more than a week or two) and it'll run forever.