Sign in to follow this  

Massachusetts Closest Sand Dunes to New England ??

what are the closest legal sand dunes to ride at to new england? im looking to take a road trip sometime in the early spring an was hoping to find decent size dunes close to NE. legally allowed to ride at lol, cause i got dunes in RI i can go to an get kicked out if i wanted to do that lol

There's a massive sand pit just across the bourne bridge in cape cod, I'm 99% sure is legal to ride. Take an hr to get there.

Yup, been riding in from RI, I'd rather be on my old yz but I hold my own with the z. How's that beta treating you?

Yup, been riding in from RI, I'd rather be on my old yz but I hold my own with the z. How's that beta treating you?

Great, 850 miles and nothing wrong. Did 80 miles in Pachaug last Saturday. Bike is definatly very capable and fast.

We are riding Saturday, come on down! PM if you need info!

Had to work at a sand pit in coventry that had me drooling to ride all day, thanks for the invite though.

I just joined this site I'm from RI as well glad to see some locals on here... I just bought a project dirtbike an old Honda CR but I'm wondering if you guys know any legal trails or woods to ride in RI or local? Not really into sand dunes I like trails and woods... I have a suzuki 500 4x4 I'm looking to mess around with in some trails and bring the bike once it's finished.

Thanks,

Mike

im gonna save u alot of aggravation, there are no legal places to ride in RI, not even your own yard. lol

if your only planning on riding atvs, no one really bothers you if your on a local trail but once u start running dirt bikes through it then thats when trouble starts happening.

I just joined this site I'm from RI as well glad to see some locals on here... I just bought a project dirtbike an old Honda CR but I'm wondering if you guys know any legal trails or woods to ride in RI or local? Not really into sand dunes I like trails and woods... I have a suzuki 500 4x4 I'm looking to mess around with in some trails and bring the bike once it's finished.

Thanks,

Mike

To be honest you are better off coming up to mass. and registering. There is 4 legal state forests in mass. to ride in that are near RI.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/wheretoride.php?f=281

just remember all state forests in mass close to orv use the third sunday in november.

That's unfortunate to hear! I usualy ride on a buddys private land in northern RI never been bothered but looking for a change in location. I went to the link posted and yes it seems all the trails close this month and re-open in the spring. There are no winter trails in MA or CT at all? I really enjoy snow riding! Thanks for the help, Mike

what are the closest legal sand dunes to ride at to new england? im looking to take a road trip sometime in the early spring an was hoping to find decent size dunes close to NE. legally allowed to ride at lol, cause i got dunes in RI i can go to an get kicked out if i wanted to do that lol

Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan.

I'm down as soon as I get another bike lol. State forest is in town too.

Hey Guys, new to the site but live in South Eastern Ma. Fivewide, that spot your talking about just over the Bourne, can you drop me some more info on how to get in there, also, over the other bridge headed toward Falmouth, there is a HUGE sandpit on the right side of the highway past all of the dealerships and the second rotary, does anybody know the "status" of riding there, I scoped it out and it looks like it is used pretty frequently, was gonna trailer the bike down and check it out but if someone knows its a no no spot I'd 2nd think it.

Thanks,

J

There's a massive sand pit just across the bourne bridge in cape cod, I'm 99% sure is legal to ride. Take an hr to get there.

what road is this on from acrossed the bridge? thanks