Sign in to follow this  

SKF seals - Good? or Bad?

Anybody have experience with fork seals by SKF? I'd like to get the best seals I can before replacing them in 3 bikes.

KTM is using them on the new bike's.....I would guess they are a quality item.

I bought some but have yet to install. I saw a few youtube videos of the difference on the bench and it is quite stunning. They have a weird texture, almost 'gummy bear' like :-)

they're awesome. have yet to have one leak. put some in a 2010 kxf450 for a guy that rides alot of sand and is always replacing seals. Haven't leaked yet. they're expensive but in the long run probably cheaper.

they are really cheap from ktm

like how cheap:smirk: Will they fit any jap bikes?

Anybody have experience with fork seals by SKF? I'd like to get the best seals I can before replacing them in 3 bikes.

very good quality

speak to Jeremy at MX-Tech and he'll hook you up.

mark.

for honda i pay 62 euro the kit

oem pay 13 -13 -12 -12 total 50 euro

i think is good spend 12 euro for more quality

You pay 25 euro each side for oem in Europe? Fiche is showing around $13 for 1 side or about 9.45 euro. Here it's about 50 euro for the kit vs 19 euro for oem.

Here I can get the dust seals and oil seal for $13 per side (not including bushings which are $7 and $9 if I remember correctly). The SKF seals are $34 per side here. Id rather just use the OEM ones for the price Plus they are better than all the other aftermarket seal kits (i.e. pivot works, allballs, etc.). The SKF seals may last longer and have reduced stiction, but are you really going to notice the reduced stiction while riding to justify the 183% difference in cost? Plus I service my suspension regularly and will replace my seals anyways at certain intervals. Sure I'd like to try the SKF seals, but not at that price.

You pay 25 euro each side for oem in Europe? Fiche is showing around $13 for 1 side or about 9.45 euro. Here it's about 50 euro for the kit vs 19 euro for oem.

How did you calculate this?

Latest currency charts or have you looked up European shops?

Germany: You pay for a set of seals round about 18 EUR and a set of dust seals costs ca. 20 EUR. Both for modern KYB/Showa and NOK.

price together: 38 EUR

SKF seals for one leg: 30 EUR, so for both legs 60 EUR

Germany: You pay for a set of seals round about 18 EUR and a set of dust seals costs ca. 20 EUR. Both for modern KYB/Showa and NOK.

SKF seals for one leg: 30 EUR, so for both legs 60 EUR

Whew for the SKF seals at 30 Euro, that is about $41 dollars per side with the current exchange rate! That's pricey!

Here I can get the dust seals and oil seal for $13 per side (not including bushings which are $7 and $9 if I remember correctly). The SKF seals are $34 per side here. Id rather just use the OEM ones for the price Plus they are better than all the other aftermarket seal kits (i.e. pivot works, allballs, etc.). The SKF seals may last longer and have reduced stiction, but are you really going to notice the reduced stiction while riding to justify the 183% difference in cost? Plus I service my suspension regularly and will replace my seals anyways at certain intervals. Sure I'd like to try the SKF seals, but not at that price.

the skf's cost about twice what oem cost. And my experience is that I get two to three times more life. so if your changing your seals at routine times just because, you might as well use skf seals then and don't change them till you have to. which I'm not sure when that is because I've never had to replace them lol.

now i will search a oem kit at low price!!i pay too much for it

there are 2 kind of kit skf the green and black

the black is 56 euro for fork kit

now i will search a oem kit at low price!!i pay too much for it

there are 2 kind of kit skf the green and black

the black is 56 euro for fork kit

Whats the difference between the green and the black skf kit?

cardinale199 stated he paid 25 euro a side. So, with a quick trip to google for the current exchange rate and a look at fiche prices from popular sites...I was able to calculate it out.

I'm surprised that you guys pay 100% more than we do. I'd assume that it's mostly taxes.

yes the problem are taxes.

why in france where skf made his seals you pay 30 euro for leg????

and in usa the price is similar!!!

Can somebody provide a link to where I can purchase these seals from? I have gone through OEM, Moose, and Pivot Works. All started leaking within a season of riding. OEM and Moose held up the best. Pivot Works only lasted about 2 months.