Sign in to follow this  

green fork seals?

during the time i was working at a factory husqvarna shop, we got a large shipment of the factory marzocchi forks to install on the new bikes, the seals were green. we tested the green seal against a normal black one and it was amazing how less friction it had. i have been laid off and out of conatact with the place but has anbody heard or seen these things? i want to pick a set up. might need to make a few phone calls to get a hold of my old boss

i think there are the best seal but grayracer said me kyb pn are more efficent.i havnt try it

but now i seach and buy it, i wanna try

ive just purchased some.

im in the middle of rebuilding my valve stack. if you guys can help on my rebound specs, then i can get these forks built and test out the new skf seals against the allballs seal kit.

the allballs ones in there have quite a bit of stiction so i cant wait to see how the" $100 skf seals and wipers perform.

the allballs ones in there have quite a bit of stiction so i cant wait to see how the" $100 skf seals and wipers perform.

don't expect to get a super plush fork action due to the seals. at least I didn't notice them at riding - compared to the stock ones.

but its said they last forever...

super plush comes from the valving i guess. but the allballs kit i got has alot of stiction.

i dont expect you can feel a difference between it. but putting them on my A kit with the TiNi coating might have make the slightest difference (probably not) where did you get yours at stuz? and whats your current rebound stack as of now?

i dont expect you can feel a difference between it. but putting them on my A kit with the TiNi coating might have make the slightest difference (probably not) where did you get yours at stuz? and whats your current rebound stack as of now?

i got mine from an australian distributor. there was an american distributor i can get details for if you like?

as for my rebound stack,i have done some searching and it appears there is none!

i beleive its called a "check plate". i thought there were ment to be more than 1 shim

2zgycuu.jpg

during the time i was working at a factory husqvarna shop, we got a large shipment of the factory marzocchi forks to install on the new bikes, the seals were green. we tested the green seal against a normal black one and it was amazing how less friction it had. i have been laid off and out of conatact with the place but has anbody heard or seen these things? i want to pick a set up. might need to make a few phone calls to get a hold of my old boss

are these the ones your refering too?

555645.jpg

Stiction can be caused by a number of things, the seals being one of them. I remember about 8 years ago, KTM came out with a bulletin where you were supposed to unscrew the ends of the dust seal spring, cut 5mm off the length and screw the ends back together. That was to increase the tension so it would wipe the lower tube better. That was initially caused by them trying to reduce stiction by reducing the tension on the spring/wiping lip.

I have tried these on a few bikes with great results. MX- Tech sells them. Friction is a significant factor in fork preformance IMO. These seem to reduce the seal related friction.

but i think when you ride you can t feel the difference by skf then oem only.

this seal have good quality, if you must be change the seal , you can use it cause the price difference is not too much i havnt change it only for improve the stictio