Sign in to follow this  

what you rekon this problem is

Hi i recently got a bigbore\cam and clutch kit installed

and done about 400 pretty easy kms since rebuild

engine goes great but starting to notice the bike is revving more without gaining the speed that it was mainly past 1/4 throttle

makes me think its a gearbox problem tho never had any problems with it

goes into all gears fine.

anyone got any idea?

sorry if its a dumb question im not that mechanicly minded still realatively new to bikes

Sounds to me like the clutch is slipping, try adjusting the cable so that there is some free play in the lever, if that fixed it then your good, if not pull the clutch case and see if your gonna need a new one.

thanks man thats the answer i needed

checked clutch cable and its very loose

like it still has an inch to raise when its fully engaged

away from my tools atm will tighten it and check out how it goes.

was dreading if it was a gearbox issue but sounds like could very well be clutch

possibly stretched the cable?

cause the power and snappyness was very strong when i first got it back

Well if the cable is loose that's probably not the problem. that will only cause it to jump forward when you put it in gear. If you pull the right side clutch cover, you can pull the plates, its pretty easy, just six bolts, inspect the plates to make sure they still have life left in them, i have never had to actually replace the clutch but i don't think there terribly expensive if you need one. Good luck on sorting out the problem.

You most likely need to install heavy duty clutch springs. The torque and power of the big bore may be too much for the stock springs.

I had to for my big bore 440 kit.

It may have been due to clutch springs...

But it could also be due to the oil you have been using... Car based synthetic oil is a no no in wet clutch engines as the oil has various friction modifiers which will glaze a wet clutch and cause slippage prematurely...

You can save the plates by removing them and scuffing them up... Put some wet and dry on a glass level surface and scuff up the plates in a figure eight motion- just enough to remove any glazing.

Then bobs you dads brother- that is if thats your problem, if not ignore the last paragraph:bonk:

yea im hopeing it hasnt come to the plates being screwed

called shop up otherday booked it in for tomorro

they agreed that if the springs arnt matched would have that problem

see how it goes

thanks for help guys