Sign in to follow this  

Cr 250 2007 suspension set up

Hi guys, im a bit heavy for my bike and ive just bought a second hand cr 250 07 and all of the suspension clickers are all over the place and i havent a clue how to set it up properly with the clickers on the rebound and compression. both front and rear. im 85kg with all my kit on and a expert rider, most of my local tracks are sandy and natural terrain, if any one can help be much appreciated:ride:

First off, I'm not a suspension expert.

I just looked at Race Tech's spring rate calculator and it claims for your weight and riding style, you'll need .46 kg/mm springs in the front and a 5.4 kg/mm spring in the rear. Assuming that your suspension is stock, the 07 CR250 comes with .43 kg/mm springs in the front and a 5.0 kg/mm spring in the rear.

Before you start changing springs, assuming that your bike has the stock springs, I would mess with the clickers first and see if you can get it to ride good with them. If you're truly an expert rider though, you'll probably need to send your suspension off and have someone revalve and possibly respring it. What I would do first is set all of your clickers to the middle. To do this, you turn them in (clockwise) as far as they will go. Then turn them out as far as they will go while counting how many clicks it takes to get there (remember this number). Turn them back in as far as they will go and then back out again half as many clicks as you counted earlier. I'd do this for the compression and rebound on the forks and shock.

Once you've got them centered up, just ride it and see if you can make it feel right. Turn the compression clickers (top of adjustments on fork and shock) clockwise to increase the compression dampening (make it harder). Turn the rebound clickers (bottom adjustments on shock and forks) clockwise to increase rebound dampening (slow down rebound).

Cheers mate!

Thanks mate for the information, yeh i have always had my suspension revalved and had gold valves put in etc and set up but ive just bought this bike and im going to be riding it in a weeks time with working away i cant get the suspension in to have it setup so i was trying to be a bit greedy and set it up standard for my weights but by your calculations im over weight. So i will have to upgrade to heaver springs.

Much appreciated for you help though bud cheers. braaaaaaaaaaappp

Before you do anything, set your sag on your rear suspension. Yes, you are too heavy for the bike but you still need to set the sag if you are going to ride it before having your springs changed. Then set all your "clickers" in the middle of thier settings, then fine tune from there.