Sign in to follow this  

Anti-freeze/Coolant mix????

Can anyone tell me their views on best mixture percentage for water coolant/anti-freeze for my Kawasaki KX 125 (2003) ???

And if anyone knows the capacity of the cooling system off the top of their head...?

just get the premixed 50/50. It's better because the coolant companies use distilled water to mix with. The capacity isn't much. just buy a gallon and it'll last you a long time. As a matter of fact, I don't think you can buy less than a gallon, even in UK.

BTW, you may have an issue where while riding you get some blowby out of the overflow tube if you fill it to the top. This is normal and it will blow out what it don't need. it should then be right at the top of the cells or just below. refill it once, if it takes more than a cup or so, then you have bigger issues like a blown head gasket. But otherwise, fill it, let it blow out, and just do your pre-ride checks as normal. No need to fill it everytime.

I run the maxima coolanol stuff. it's already 50/50 out of the bottle. their 64 oz bottle will be plenty to get you filled up.