Sign in to follow this  

Float Levels for SL 350??

Got my electronic ignition dialed in and cam chain tightened and valves set. No leaks in carb boots or in throttle cable plates. Carbs are rebuilt and set to spec. But my K2 will not idle unless i have the idle screws turned all the way in. I have set the idle air screws at about 1 3/4 turns out. I think I have too high of gas level in carbs because when i shut off gas petcock it starts to runs real good and gain rpms to almost 4000. How much gas is supposed to be in bowl? When I remove mine it is between 7/16 and 1/2 inch from top. Any help?

I don't know, what the float height is, but! I have a spare set of carbs off a 71 SL350 that I don't need if your intersted. Cleaned and ready to go, I think one needs a fuel line nipple installed. I'm going with a set of Mikuni's on mine got them from alpha moto on ebay -prejetted ready to go.

On my SL 350...

... I set the float level with the carb body, with the carb upside down! Measuring from the float stem to the carb body both should be parallel

Another thing to check as it happened to me is the float sometimes rot and get little holes so take the floats off a shake them to see if you hear fuel in them!

Just peoblems I have encountered along the way

Good Luck