Sign in to follow this  

2002 CR250. more power.?

hi there i want to make my bike more powerfull if possible. it has boat loads of pull.i have v force reeds fmf gnarly and a fmf shorty. is there anything else i can do? can u get a big bore kit for a 2002 cr250 with the rc valve.

The bike has plenty of power. Learn to use it all before you think you "need" more. If it is lacking in power, then it is most likely a mechanical or set up issue and/or possible operator error.

I agree with the above, suspension is the biggest single improvement you can make on any bike (springs and revalve). The PWK is also well worth the cost and trouble. Other than that, don't run your piston too long, and you might consider having the head cut for proper squish (and bump the compression if your willing to buy race fuel).

everyone has said what should happen first with suspension but i cannot see how you will not be happy with a 265 kit from eric gorr. he also can port the bike for what type of power band you looking for. according to his website you can only go 265 with the honda which i assume is more than a handful :busted:

i am searching CL for a cr250r to do a 265 kit with powerband choice number one. i think with suspension work and this kit i hopefully will have one hell of a woods riding rocket ship.i hope to have a sick single track machine for less than 2500 bucks. i cannot afford a ktm 300xc so i am hoping this cr will fit the bill for a lot less money. we will see :busted:

• Like 1

suspention. it will make YOU faster then any big bore kit or pipe.

i jus want the crisp wicked power ill admit i suck at riding but i have been doing it along time. i jus redid the shock linkage in the bike.but u do make a great point and i will be having my rear shock recharged before next spring. cheers man

everyone has said what should happen first with suspension but i cannot see how you will not be happy with a 265 kit from eric gorr. he also can port the bike for what type of power band you looking for. according to his website you can only go 265 with the honda which i assume is more than a handful :busted:

i am searching CL for a cr250r to do a 265 kit with powerband choice number one. i think with suspension work and this kit i hopefully will have one hell of a woods riding rocket ship.i hope to have a sick single track machine for less than 2500 bucks. i cannot afford a ktm 300xc so i am hoping this cr will fit the bill for a lot less money. we will see :busted:

It already is a rocket - Stock, A Keihin with the right jetting = more bike then anyone can handle in the woods, if not, then it has a problem.

"That CR250 in the woods is like killing a fly with a sledge hammer", that was said to me by a champion "A Expert" rider (Hare Scramble) after riding my bike, I could have nodded off to sleep while riding his 400 KTM XC-W

Edited by gitenold