Sign in to follow this  

cr250 possible air leak

hi there yall. look i just put new crank seals in my bike all gaskets. it still didnt cure my long rev when u give it a shot of gas. and when u rev it it always goes bing bing bing coming back to idle . it could be the mikuni tmx crap carb to. the bike runs awsome.anouther thing is . my bike burnt a new plug after a day of trail riding. in fact we all burt a plug. the other bikes were a 99 yz250 and a 99 kx250.

youre too lean on your pilot circuit.

either

1) pj is clogged just enough to cause a lean condition

2) air screw is too far out leaning the mix too much

3) pj is too small

not much else is going to cause that unless you got an airleak which will require a leak down test. i guess you could just start replacing gaskets but im a fan of diagnosing something instead of just throwing parts. build a tester and buy a bicycle pump. i built a tester way back from home depot for like $25 and bought a bike pump. small investment that gets used fairly regularly.

youre too lean on your pilot circuit.

either

1) pj is clogged just enough to cause a lean condition

2) air screw is too far out leaning the mix too much

3) pj is too small

not much else is going to cause that unless you got an airleak which will require a leak down test. i guess you could just start replacing gaskets but im a fan of diagnosing something instead of just throwing parts. build a tester and buy a bicycle pump. i built a tester way back from home depot for like $25 and bought a bike pump. small investment that gets used fairly regularly.

my carb boot was not on the carb properly. that did it i also sealed my exhaust header and new crank seals. the thing retures to idle from a rev faster than u can say sh1t. thanks