Sign in to follow this  

REBUILT - NOW WITH CLICKING NOISE. How Do you put a gearbox together? (CR250 '99)

(I managed to delete my original first post when I edited the title. Mad skills I tell you :busted:. Anyway basically I was asking for help about how the gearbox went back together.)

thanks to everyone that's already posted (especially you mynewCR!), got the gearbox back together. However now it makes a clicking noise when rotated by hand in fifth gear

Here's a video of it

Any ideas what's gone wrong??

Cheers for any help

Edited by clevermetal

this is from the 00/01 cr250 manual. i cant imagine your 99 manual doesnt have this information?

you will have to right click the images and click on "view image". this will make them big enough to actually read as TT makes the images smaller.

transassembly.png

transassembly2.png

All my manual has are those two tiny cross section diagrams with the circles connected to the lines (couldn't figure out what the symbols in the circles meant) in mynewCr250's post

and it's supposedly a Honda one as well.

Cheers for the links/images though!

Lifesavers!

All my manual has are those two tiny cross section diagrams with the circles connected to the lines (couldn't figure out what the symbols in the circles meant) in mynewCr250's post

and it's supposedly a Honda one as well.

Cheers for the links/images though!

Lifesavers!

yea, um, thats gonna be tough if thats all you got! i dont understand those pictures either.

i dont know if the internal gearing has changed from 99 to 00 but hopefully it hasnt and you can get that tranny back together. let me know if you need a more upclose picture

(Repost of edited first post)

thanks to everyone that's already posted (especially you mynewCR!), got the gearbox back together. However now it makes a clicking noise when rotated by hand in fifth gear

Here's a video of it

Any ideas what's gone wrong??

Cheers for any help

dont understand you people pay thousands $$$$ for the bike but cant buy a stinkin $20 manual. oem honda book explains everything in detail

he said he had a manual. he didnt go into it completely blind.

he said his manual is supposedly a honda one. for petes sake how the hek dont you know what manual you have. :busted:. he needs to know how everything goes back together. a honda manuals shows how to do that with pre-school type pictures, good luck im done with this thread