Sign in to follow this  

05 YZ250 plastic updating...

Hello all-

Does anyone know if 2011 (12?) OEM plastic (less front number plate) will fit on a 05 YZ250?

Looking to replace:

-shrouds

-frnt and rear fender

-possible seat

All those pieces are the same except for the shape of the front fender, but the new front fender mounts right up (just the tip is changed).

Not to sound rude but theres a sticky right at the top of the forum with step by step intructions... also a search would have left you with 100s of threads asking the same questions.

ftball90-

i did a search before i asked my question and you are correct it did leave me with over a 100 of results..after reading through about 30 of the results, none of which spoke to my specific question-i decided to post my question. Also, the sticky at the top is in relation to the frnt number plate which i read which is why my question reflects "less frnt number plate".

kj790-

thank you for the info.

I actually have mounted a Polisport front and rear fender supposedly fitting the 2006 to 2011 YZ 250BUT they sold me a kit for yzf250 and yz450. Front fender fits no problem there rear is a different story, you can make it fit with some heat and new holes drilled. Once done it looks ok.

Hello all-

Does anyone know if 2011 (12?) OEM plastic (less front number plate) will fit on a 05 YZ250? Looking to replace:

-shrouds

-frnt and rear fender

-possible seat

All will fit, without issue. :busted:

The newer ('06 and up) front fender is a very nice upgrade, and it would be well worth considering a '06 front number plate to match it. :busted:

ftball90-

i did a search before i asked my question and you are correct it did leave me with over a 100 of results..after reading through about 30 of the results, none of which spoke to my specific question-i decided to post my question. Also, the sticky at the top is in relation to the frnt number plate which i read which is why my question reflects "less frnt number plate".

kj790-

thank you for the info.

Sorry I thought you meant specifically the front num plate... my appologies, didnt read close enough. All the Yz parts will swap directly over to your bike. They are unchanged since 02.