Sign in to follow this  

MCCT repair advice

While doing my BB rebuild I found a little oil is leaking from my MCCT. I have the one from TT. It isn't leaking where it mates with the head, but along the bolt. So between the nut and the MCCT it leaks a tiny bit of oil. I'm thinking a new O ring on the MCCT while I have it off, but I was wondering if I use something like Plumbers tape to make sure the threads are sealed super tight. Any other solutions out there or is this a bad choice? (kind of concerned about the tape wearing and falling into the bottom end)

While doing my BB rebuild I found a little oil is leaking from my MCCT. I have the one from TT. It isn't leaking where it mates with the head, but along the bolt. So between the nut and the MCCT it leaks a tiny bit of oil. I'm thinking a new O ring on the MCCT while I have it off, but I was wondering if I use something like Plumbers tape to make sure the threads are sealed super tight. Any other solutions out there or is this a bad choice? (kind of concerned about the tape wearing and falling into the bottom end)

The o ring should fix it right up.. A drop of wicking type thread locker (Loctite 290) will help seal the threads.