Sign in to follow this  

Forearms and wrists after a serious ride!

We did 80 miles of hardcore singletrack yesterday w/ whoops, very rocky slippery conditions and today my forearms are on fire. throttle hand wrist and forearm is sore, and left arm forearm and elbow.

I am 45 so it aint like it used to be but damn.

Bike is set up for me suspension wise and handlebars are set comfortable standing so I dont think it's the bikes fault.

Anybody else experience this and what do you to rid the pain? :busted:

Start with Advil.

A 40+ year old person who isn't smart enough to know that he could get get tendonitis (at the minimum) from riding a gas driven bull on a dirt trail, should expect to alway need Advil in his/her gear bag. :busted:

Start with Advil.

A 40+ year old person who isn't smart enough to know that he could get get tendonitis (at the minimum) from riding a gas driven bull on a dirt trail, should expect to alway need Advil in his/her gear bag. :busted:

I advilled up prior to my ride, on the way home from my ride, and rotated advil/tylenol since. Even iced for 20 minutes a pop for the real sore spots.

I am wondering if it's me or if it's normal. I dont remember feeling this way off of my old bike, but last two serious rides on new bike has got me wondering?

Thanks for the reply Dr.

If it didn't happen on the old bike, the new bike needs to be adjusted. Lets move this problem away from the Orthopaedic surgeon, and toward the bike shop. Anything beats an operation!