Sign in to follow this  

Trail tech Stator

Just wondering if anyone on site is using a Trail Tech stator on their X. I got caught in the dark a few weeks ago and the stock system didn't power my acerbis headlights enough to see in slow conditions. They have two versions a 40w and a 70w. Are these idle figures? Isn't the stock output 35w? Is the 70w Flywheel the same weight as the stock x fw? Thanks guys!

Good question. I am looking at the Baja Designs rewind with new voltage regulator simply because its cheaper, higher wattage (100 watts) and switches the bike over to a DC only system. I'm going to call them tomorrow. I have a single 35watt HID wired straight off the battery and after a few hours of riding the battery is dead. Stock stator can't keep up even though it draws less the 6 amps.

We offer the rewind of the OEM stator and provide the needed rectifier/regulator for $125. The end result will be about 50 watts from the battery. The work takes about 2-3 days once we receive the stator.

Is 50 watts from the battery mean at idle? How much more is that then stock? How about peak? I'm running an Acerbis Diamond triple bulb setup. Total 60 watts. Hop does your rewind compare to the trail tech stator? I can get TT for about $140.

The 50 watts is available at idle simply because the power is coming from the battery. None of the mentioned stators will charge well sitting there idling, so if you were to run 50 watts sitting there idling for a while the battery will start to drain. Make sure the $140 price includes the R/R.

Many people like to retain the OEM ignition windings on the stator, this is why we offer the rewind.

Just wondering if anyone on site is using a Trail Tech stator on their X. I got caught in the dark a few weeks ago and the stock system didn't power my acerbis headlights enough to see in slow conditions. They have two versions a 40w and a 70w. Are these idle figures? Isn't the stock output 35w? Is the 70w Flywheel the same weight as the stock x fw? Thanks guys!

I have the 70W one and the flywheel is different i.e. heavier. Can's say I have used the thing much I blew the bike up twice since installing it. I did not notice the additional weight the times I had it running. I got mine because it was less $$ than the stocker after a healthy discount from Cyclops:thumbsup: