Sign in to follow this  

best big bore option for 95kx 125?

so i bought this bike a few years ago for my ife and she just can't ride it very well so we got her a crf150RB mainly becouse she is short.

anyways now i have abike that is fun to ride but to be competitive in XC type events its just not enough bike for me. i weigh in at 210 fully geared up and am thinking if i could get around 150+ cc out of it it would be a beast of a bike.

I have sean some options to bore and stroke it but $1600 is alot of cash for a bike i payed $900 for.

Any ideas how big you can go without stroking the crank?? 144 OR HIGHER???

any good recomendations for a shop to talkto about it???

Thanks

well, for a 144 you have to bore & stroke. that's about the max cc recommended. Eric Gorr& Flotek do some of the best kit out there. I talk to Ryan Sipes' dad quite often and Ryan and Justin (Pooh) grew up on Kawis. He says the 134 is about the best, reliable build. The 144 is just too tempermental.

IMHO, It may be a fun for you to ride. But at your weight and wanting to compete with it, it's easily controllable since it's so lightweight. But it's not going to be a powerhouse. A125 in the woods is great for a 150lbs & below rider. Otherwise, you need 200cc or bigger. You could gear it deep for the woods &have alot of lowend pull but it will suffer on the open straights if you run into one.

Nowthen, on an MX track, that's different. a 200lbs rider can stay on the pipe and make that bike fly.

Best option if you don't want to use it, clean it up real nice, get it running great, sell it and put more goodies on the wifes bike.

I rode it at our gp track and I had allmost exact lap times vs my 450x,

I think a 144 would be ok as for selling it to buy parts for the wifes bike. Hell no that thing is so blinged out I couldn't put more into it if I tried.

Suspension mods,

Stator upgrade to run lights

Brp tripple clamps with scotts sub moumt dampner

Blinged wheels black rims reb hubs and alternating black and red spokes and nipples

Fmf mega bomb header with q4 silencer

Rekluse exp core

And the list goes on and on.

Maby I will just clean it up and sell it and get a ktm200

Good friend of mine did a 167 kit in a 01 kx 125 and i now have it.. funnest bike i have ever rode.. pulled a holeshot in the open class on it.. bike has lots of mid range and up power love it to death..