Sign in to follow this  

Where the betas

I need one, where r the 2012 Betas

www.americanbeta.com

send them an e-mail. Or go to American Beta.com / contact dealer / find your dealer and send e-mail.

I am curious if they respond or not. I would but already fulfilled my yearly goal.

www.americanbeta.com

send them an e-mail. Or go to American Beta.com / contact dealer / find your dealer and send e-mail.

I am curious if they respond or not. I would but already fulfilled my yearly goal.

I've tried that. Got one response out of nine e-mails. A real professional group out there.

I've tried that. Got one response out of nine e-mails. A real professional group out there.

Funny, I was told it's just me and I make an excuse not to buy. And if you don't like this then the exotics are not your type of bike! Here's another one, Just order one from the BYOB and your dealer will call.

I think the bikes are great bikes but buying them is painful. Beta bleeders will tell you they are working on this. When the competition is selling bikes and we can't get a response, where do you think our money will go???

I'm not sure why most of your emails went unanswered but did you ever try calling your local dealer?

I can't speak for all Beta dealers but, the one I dealt with in Vermont WAS very professional. Very responsive to both emails and phone calls.

I'm not sure why most of your emails went unanswered but did you ever try calling your local dealer?

I can't speak for all Beta dealers but, the one I dealt with in Vermont WAS very professional. Very responsive to both emails and phone calls.

"local" dealer? Thats funny.

Yeah, I get it. The dealerships aren't local to a lot of people. My "local" dealer was about 4 hours away.

I was simply tying to make the points that....

1.) Not all Beta dealers are non-responsive to phone calls and emails.

2.) You may have better luck with a phone call to your "local"/"nearest" dealership directly.

8 (Yhgeorge) + 4 (Mine) = 12 dealers are non responsive in both sides of the country.

61 listed dealers, that's 20% non responsive dealers for North America. Yes I bored and waiting for reviews from 350RS owners!

Yeah, I get it. The dealerships aren't local to a lot of people. My "local" dealer was about 4 hours away.

I was simply tying to make the points that....

1.) Not all Beta dealers are non-responsive to phone calls and emails.

2.) You may have better luck with a phone call to your "local"/"nearest" dealership directly.

Yeah Jeff. I saw the bike I wanted and got proactive to find and buy it! :busted:

If someone really wanted a Bike they wouldn't ***** foot around on the INTERNET waiting for someone to come suck their balls!

Maybee they are trying to weed out the armchair wanna-bees!

Just sayin guys, it's always and only you two that have the problem! Everyone else has found a way to be a happy and gratefull Beta owner w/ minimal ( if any ) complaints.

Do you do this on GG, Husky, Berg, threads as well? :busted:

8 (Yhgeorge) + 4 (Mine) = 12 dealers are non responsive in both sides of the country.

61 listed dealers, that's 20% non responsive dealers for North America. Yes I bored and waiting for reviews from 350RS owners!

Give me those 12 dealers names and I will give you quotes from all of them by the end of the week! plus of course my fee plus shipping and you'll have a new bike! :busted:

I need one, where r the 2012 Betas

What partof California are you in? f your in North California, contact Dan at Motoxotica, they are located in Vacaville. There is also Capitol Yamaha in Sacramento that are also a Beta dealer as well.

Motoxotica is ran by good peeps. They can get you what you want and they are always responsive.

Hello Guys,

I received an email from a Beta owner saying there was some "bashing" going on in here about our bikes and/or dealers. I thought I would take a few minutes and clear up some things. I normally am not a forum guy (I prefer good old fashion face to face or phone call conversations as the are more genuine)

I hope the following answers some of your concerns.

1) While some dealers are better than others, most will call you back or discuss a purchase of a Beta. If you do not receive a response, I suggest sending us an email at info@americanbeta.com and we will hook you up with a dealer.

2) Local dealers: We currently have roughly 60 dealers in the US. We are adding more each month and soon will have a larger network. Not too bad as we only had 20 three years ago.

3) Buying a Beta. We build to order. Like some of the exotic car builders, we do not over-build bikes. Over-building hurts dealers and resale value of used units. Go to www.americanbeta.com and select the BYOB tab. Build your Beta the way you want it. You will receive a call from Johnny Murphree, our BYOB manager. He will connect you with the "right" dealer.

4) Magazines: There is a urban legend about magazines and advertising. I have been in the industry my whole life and have never found that those who advertise get better test write-ups. We have no advertised with Dirt Rider, Cycle World, Cycle News, or Motorcyclists yet they have all written 2-3 positive Beta tests. (Over the top actually!)

My buddies always call me asking how much we pay them. Funny, but the bikes are that good.

5) Lastly: Simply put, all of the Beta crew are hardcore riders/racers. We have an amazing product and we work for an even more amazing company. Our bikes have a "feel" like no other. Our 350 is over-the-top good. You will see a couple shoot-outs in the press soon. To say the KTM is better than ours without riding a new 350 seems unfair.

Oh ya, we work all the time! It is not easy building a brand and we all do what it takes to make things happen!

Enjoy your Beta!

Tim Pilg

It might be a bit of a challenge to find a 2012 sitting on any dealer floor for long, or at all. When I asked American Beta a few weeks ago if the 2012s were out yet to the dealers, the response I got was "Yes, first shipments are all sold out".

Our local Beta dealer in Sac at Capitol Yamaha/Beta is suppose to be getting a 520RS in soon as a shop bike, but I bet they'll sell it before I'll even get a chance to look at it on a dealer floor. ... I've been checking periodically myself since I had someone ask me a few weeks ago if I might be interested in selling my all Red '08 450RS,...they are rare and I'm not sure I want to let it go now that I've had the suspension all resprung/revalved and tuned. The only reason I'd consider parting with it might be for a 2012 520RS, maybe...not sure. My '08 with RFS motor is sweet now that its dialed in. As for the new 2012 Betas, my guess is they are sold and people are out riding them.

Motoxotica is ran by good peeps. They can get you what you want and they are always responsive.

+1, great service!

The 2012 bikes I got ended up being sold before they got here. So I'm down to one 2011 450RS. Tell me what you want and I will get it for you.

As a small shop I can't afford to burn a single person that might be interested. I am troubled that you were ignored. I have an '11 350rr and 450rr I am closing out to make room financially for '12s.Beta is small so we dealers don't get any kind of floorplan.It's either cash or floorplan at the local bank. The plus side in Beta not doing flooring is not having to stock 20 to be a dealer which would make it impossible for me. Even though I don't know Chip personally I would say he's a passionate enthusiast from what I read. I aspire to be respected as he is. I will never be a AA rider or in the hall of fame but I am out there on Sundays racing and proving and having a great time on my Beta. After racing District 17 hare scrambles, the Morrison,Il Moose Run(4hrs) and a 3 hr hare scramble Sunday in Oakley,Il I can say the Beta is a well sorted bike. Ther is a dealer in California and one in the cornfields of central Illinois that would love to get that phone call. I can't vouch for any other dealers but if you call Chip,owner of Threat Racing or me (Jason - owner of Fuel Cycles) I guarantee you will be treated fairly, honestly and like you are important.

Hello Guys,

I do not spend too much time in the forums however I received an email from one of our customers (A Beta rider) that says there were some not-so-kind words in here about Beta. I figured I would explain a few things that might help

1) I am sorry if one of you had a hard time reaching a dealer via email. Some of our dealers do not use email and prefer that you call their dealership directly. We have great dealers out there for sure!

2) We have a different way of doing business with our dealers. We do not load the dealers up with bikes making them pay flooring on products like the other companies. We build to order for the first month or two of production, then we have extra stock for the rest of the season. This is so we keep control of the amount of bikes we have out there. We sell out of bikes each year before the new model year starts. We build "just enough".

If we overbuild, then our dealers are stuck with old product and it ends up driving the value of our bikes down. This is not good for dealers or the Beta riders as it will affect their used bike value.

3) We have made some changes to our BYOB program. We (American Beta) contact the BYOB customer first via telephone (if the number is left) or email first and then link the customer to a dealer. This way we are sure the customer is contacted. We also are introducing a new website in the next 30 days that will have new features and more selections for the BYOB program.

4) I would like to settle an urban legend about the magazines. They do not write articles in favor for advertisers bikes. I have been in the industry for many years and have worked with many great guys in the media. I have yet to find one that bashes one that does not advertise. We prove this by our recent tests as there have been over 15 Beta tests this year (all positive) and we only advertise with two of them.

Our goal is to let our bike's performance speak for itself. We are growing every day as more and more riders get the chance to ride one of our bikes. We will have to "weed-out" the non-promoting dealers as we add more. It will take time to build the Beta name here in the USA however we are determined to get the job done. Not by quantity, but rather quality.

I hope I have provided information that will help you better understand our goals. If you ever get a chance, ride a Beta and you will understand the quality.

Enjoy your Beta!

Tim Pilg

• Like 1

I can attest to the information in Tim's email. I recently completed the BYOB form, and I had an email from Beta the very next day with information on which dealers I could have the BYOB form sent to for pricing and availability. The dealer I chose then contacted me the next day. Very prompt attention for sure. I even had some questions about the bikes, and the rep from Beta emailed me back with answers very quickly.