Sign in to follow this  

RMZ running rough Thread

Just curious if any one figured out the cause or the fix for these RMZ's running rough, I have been reading through the threads and seems like ever thread started never gets finished, Anyone know the fix? or what to look for

can you be more specific? If you have some hours on it-might want to change out the fuel filter,get the injector cleaned and take apart all the electrical connectors,clean them up and reseal. TPS can go bad also and the fuel pump. Try a new spark plug? I know some guys had wires break or rub through. These are about the only things I have ever heard go wrong.

Friend has the bike and I’m trying to help him diagnose it with him, 35 hours on bike, Mainly pops coming off the low end. Like I said before, it acts like two strokes back in the day when they were fouling a plug and what not just starts to back fire and spit and sputter. Sometimes it won’t rev out.

Thing that gets me is it is intermittent, sometimes it runs good for the 20 min moto and after a 30 min rest or so he will go out again and it acts up on him. Any help would be great

Hi dude

im new to suzukis after 10 years on every Honda made 2 and 4 stroke.

i had a few issues with my rmz 450 09 bike. it was brand new in april. bike started running rough after 30hrs

it would not rev out and would pop and bang cough etc....then for some reason it would run mint again for another few weeks and then it would be back to square 1!

i swapped out the wiring loom after finding 2 corroded wires going to the engine temp sensor and the intake sensor.. bike ran mint for a wek and then acted up again

i briught it to a differant main dealer and they finally fixed it. it was a combination of the Throttle position sensor and a fuel pump that was going bad ie it would pump less fuel at full throttle every now and again

so far the bike has ran perfect since and before u ask i love the Suzuki and would never buy another crf again. honda ruined them with the lastest fi and frame.:busted:

Friend has the bike and I’m trying to help him diagnose it with him, 35 hours on bike, Mainly pops coming off the low end. Like I said before, it acts like two strokes back in the day when they were fouling a plug and what not just starts to back fire and spit and sputter. Sometimes it won’t rev out.

Thing that gets me is it is intermittent, sometimes it runs good for the 20 min moto and after a 30 min rest or so he will go out again and it acts up on him. Any help would be great

sound like a bad temp sensor. It would be worthwhile to go over the electrical connections and replace the fuel filter at a minimum. RMZ injector is pretty easy to clean a new one is around $250. Bad TPS symptoms are usually uncontrolled throttle response,poor idling and acceleration. I know there is a water temp sensor,but cannot remember what the other sensor is called.If you have the owners service manual-It goes into good detail of the systems. Where you in PA?