Sign in to follow this  

Should i get this 2004 kx250? Or wait.

Okay. All of you who have been following my "Yz250 or other bike" thread... i have decided to rule out that yz250. I am now considering this bike. I have him down to 2100. It has:

FMF Fatty Pipe

FMF TurbineCore2 Spark Arrestor

Skid Plate

After Market Triple Clamps

Warp 9 Rims

New Tires

Carbon Fiber Frame Guards

Hand Guards

Radiator Guards

Wiseco Piston

MSR Bars

Graphics Kit

The trials tire in the picture is now gone and has a BridgeStone 404 Mx tire. And, the desert tank leaked so he put the stock tank back on.

kx250again.jpg

Should i get it? Or, should i keep my cash and wait for a better one?

I look forward to hearing your 2 cents,

Happy Trails,

:ride:Eddie:ride:

i buy and sell bikes all the time and try out different machines -its a fun hobby of mine- i almost bought a kx250 like that one recently so you should buy it and then tell me if its any good so i can get one one day as well..:busted: yeah -do it do it !!!! :busted:

i buy and sell bikes all the time and try out different machines -its a fun hobby of mine- i almost bought a kx250 like that one recently so you should buy it and then tell me if its any good so i can get one one day as well..:busted: yeah -do it do it !!!! :busted:

I'm thinkin about it...

Is 2100 a good deal for it?

I'm thinkin about it...

Is 2100 a good deal for it?

See if he will let you pull off the clutch cover.........so you can see the basket.........if it is grooved to the max .....you can bet it has 100 hours on it or so........

A basket is $200. Plates are $120.

If it is cherry ....low hour bike ....than $2100 isn't so bad.....but it is about to be 8 years old.

See if he will let you pull off the clutch cover.........so you can see the basket.........if it is grooved to the max .....you can bet it has 100 hours on it or so........

A basket is $200. Plates are $120.

If it is cherry ....low hour bike ....than $2100 isn't so bad.....but it is about to be 8 years old.

True... i don't know what to do...

If you can get your hands on it wiggle the foot pegs, since that bike is steel framed, this is an excellent indicator of abuse. Be sure to wiggle them front to back, as any footpeg will have a little up and down play because of the return springs. That is what worries me about aluminum frames nowadays, a 200hr bike will have zero to little play in the pegs lol.