98 rm 250 using a tune of fuel

was ridin my brothers rm 250 this weekend rode it for about a hour and hour and a half and used a hole tank of fuel (trail ridin) is this normal? it has a aftermarket silencer and a stock header pipe i beleive it has a jet kit in it to theres no fuel leaks either what do you guys think?

These bikes get 15-25 miles per gallon....depending on conditions.

Deep sand........wfo.........etc.

Ever get stuck so bad .....you have to lean the bike over several times in each direction ..to break the suction ???? This generally leaks fuel out ...also.

To me that sounds like a lot of fuel. Do you know how far you went? And is there any spooge comming out of the silencer? Also, what were the trail conditions like? Deep sand and/or high speeds will drain a tank a lot faster than anything else.

Last week I did a 40 mile loop and had "about" a half gallon left after the run. The trail was a mix of hard pack and deep sand. It took about 2½ hours to do the entire trail and that's with several breaks along the way.

That description reminds me of denton creek for some reason

I would like to go to Denton some time, but the trail that I was talking about is the Little O: http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/little_o_trail.pdf

It can be a very fast trail if you push it, or just a fun trail to have a good time on. The choice is yours.

I would like to go to Denton some time, but the trail that I was talking about is the Little O: http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/little_o_trail.pdf

It can be a very fast trail if you push it, or just a fun trail to have a good time on. The choice is yours.

I tend not to make it to the west side of the state since the travel time is the same to go to Tomahawk. Farthest west I go is Evart really.

To me that sounds like a lot of fuel. Do you know how far you went? And is there any spooge comming out of the silencer? Also, what were the trail conditions like? Deep sand and/or high speeds will drain a tank a lot faster than anything else.

Last week I did a 40 mile loop and had "about" a half gallon left after the run. The trail was a mix of hard pack and deep sand. It took about 2½ hours to do the entire trail and that's with several breaks along the way.

we didnt make it vary far at all it was a kinda muddy but still part hard packed there was no fuel leakin out or anything coming out of the silensor either