Sign in to follow this  

stumbling at constant speed

Starts up 2nd kick. Idles great (sounds more "poppy" than i thought it should). Instant throttle response. Under any load the motor is strong and nothing wrong.

The problem is when just cruising along at a constant speed. Slight blurble or stumble. Doesn't matter what gear I'm in or where the throttle is really...as long as it's constant the engine sputters and even shakes a little.

*last ride i went on for the first 3/4 of the day I didn't notice it, ran fine. Almost all trail riding. Towards the end I was tired and having problems with the clutch so took the road back and noticed it. Didn't feel anything, all in the sound. Yesterday took the bike around the neighborhood to warm up the oil before changing and thats when I could actually feel it stumbling. Pretty sure it was warm enough

Going riding saturday...anything i should try? Maybe it's just me? Didn't list the jets cause that should be set good. Boy i have got to be the biggest moron when it comes to carbs:bonk:

Starts up 2nd kick. Idles great (sounds more "poppy" than i thought it should). Instant throttle response. Under any load the motor is strong and nothing wrong.

The problem is when just cruising along at a constant speed. Slight blurble or stumble. Doesn't matter what gear I'm in or where the throttle is really...as long as it's constant the engine sputters and even shakes a little.

*last ride i went on for the first 3/4 of the day I didn't notice it, ran fine. Almost all trail riding. Towards the end I was tired and having problems with the clutch so took the road back and noticed it. Didn't feel anything, all in the sound. Yesterday took the bike around the neighborhood to warm up the oil before changing and thats when I could actually feel it stumbling. Pretty sure it was warm enough

Going riding saturday...anything i should try? Maybe it's just me? Didn't list the jets cause that should be set good. Boy i have got to be the biggest moron when it comes to carbs:bonk:

Replace your pilot jet, and your Slide Plate Vacuum seal, adjust your fuel screw (make sure the oring is intact and good, with a washer) and you should be fine. You will never get perfect partial thottle/no load running on a high performance motor, unless you tune it that way, which will make it slower.

Im betting your bike is a two stroke !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if so try lowering the needle a clip other than that it sounds perfectly normal two stroke behavior

Im betting your bike is a two stroke !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if so try lowering the needle a clip other than that it sounds perfectly normal two stroke behavior

Agree !

Thanks guys. Major dummy when it comes to this stuff. Went riding today and she handles very well. Just need to learn to adj. the air screw. (and then on to the other stuff i can't stand...bent bars, bent pegs, levers...etc..)