Sign in to follow this  

Which 250?!

So I'm in the process of buying a 250 four stroke. I've been riding a crf150r for the past year and a half and I've grown out of it.

I'm a 120 lb girl and I don't do any competitive racing. Although I do really enjoy riding tracks and I also ride trails pretty often.

I'm partial to Honda's because it's what I rode previously but I've heard mixed things about the 250r's.

I know that I'm looking for a bike between the years of 07-09. I just don't know whether to go with another Honda, or if I'd be better with a Kawi or a Yamaha.

Pleeeease give me some advice!!! Thank you! :busted:

Hi :busted: If you are looking for a 2 stroke between 07-09 you won't be able to get a honda. For 2 strokes i'd say either get a yz250, 250sx, or rm250. I have had great luck with all those bikes. I am just like you. I don't race but i love riding the track and i ride trails all the time. I'm a 15 year old guy though.. so i'm sure somebody else will have a more experienced opinion.

If you want a 4 stroke go for the yz250f, rmz 250f, or ktm 250xc-f. Those are all playful enough to get you through the track, but are great on trails (:

Hi :busted: If you are looking for a 2 stroke between 07-09 you won't be able to get a honda. For 2 strokes i'd say either get a yz250, 250sx, or rm250. I have had great luck with all those bikes. I am just like you. I don't race but i love riding the track and i ride trails all the time. I'm a 15 year old guy though.. so i'm sure somebody else will have a more experienced opinion.

If you want a 4 stroke go for the yz250f, rmz 250f, or ktm 250xc-f. Those are all playful enough to get you through the track, but are great on trails (:

she wants a 4t:bonk:

she wants a 4t:bonk:

she said 250r. not 250f. I gave her 3 of each engine. @ strokes are more powerfull, and cost less to maintain. Not to mention the sound and smell of 2 strokes. MMMM

Love the smell of premix in the morning.

she said 250r. not 250f. I gave her 3 of each engine. @ strokes are more powerfull, and cost less to maintain. Not to mention the sound and smell of 2 strokes. MMMM

Love the smell of premix in the morning.

so 250r now means 2 stroke?

so why is there a cr250r and crf250r?

come on dude, she said "So I'm in the process of buying a 250 four stroke. "

To the Op, pick the bike with the lowest hrs for the best price

so 250r now means 2 stroke?

so why is there a cr250r and crf250r?

come on dude, she said "So I'm in the process of buying a 250 four stroke. "

To the Op, pick the bike with the lowest hrs for the best price

didn't see the four stroke. and yes, traditionally, 250r means 2 stroke, f means 4.

didn't see the four stroke. and yes, traditionally, 250r means 2 stroke, f means 4.

uh, whatever bub :busted:

YZF are very durable and have some of the smoothest power. KX's have a good hit and KTM's have the most broad powerband with a little hit. RM seem to have mixed impressions and most didin't care for the handling. Honda is a great bike if the ride and handling fit you(twichy on fast strteights) but a great motor.

You can adapt a MX over to trail but not as easily the other way. If you ride trail most then look into a enduro bike. These all have about the same power and delivery, it's all on how the bike fits you and dealer/cost of buying.

Do you want elec start ? and if you do then go for a crf250x , I have had 2 crf250r's and they are a good bike,

I noticed some guys earlier going into the honda specs now the they have both the f and r four strokes . R One is race spec and the other F Spec is like an air cooled agriculture bike .

You sound like you want some fun why not test out a 2 stroke and see how much crazy fun they can be

Gee theres some good bikes around .

Good luck with your purchase

Regards Dazza:thumbsup:

i have had my 2009 kx250f for 1 yr now and it has been amazing, best bike i have ever owned, not had 1 problem with it, i went for the 2009 version becuase it is the new shape kawasaki, but to get the newer shape honda you will need to stretch to a 2010 model :busted: so up to you