Sign in to follow this  

yz125 carb upgrade

when i used to ride quads i put a FCR39 off a yfz on my ltz400 and it made a huge difference in power from bottom to top. i was wondering if theres a carb thats bigger to put on my 2002 yz125? im assuming the 250 is way to big maybe a ktm 200 and get a cable made to fit? im looking to get some more power throughout the rpm range. ive already done engine mods becides boring it out and port an polish which i dont want to do.

If you throw a bigger carb at a 125, you'll lose your bottom end and throttle response for only a little peak and over-rev. Not worth it on a little two stroke in my opinion. It can make the bike very hard to ride.

Call up Carb Parts Warehouse and tell them you want a keihin airstriker for your 125. Mikuni jets are too big of jumps inbetween jet sizes. I installed a keihin airstriker on my 144 and it was night and day. If you tell them whats done to your bike they will be able to get close with jetting and should give you some spare brass to get it dialed in. Gorr recomended CPW to me and it was cheaper then anybody else.

Call up Carb Parts Warehouse and tell them you want a keihin airstriker for your 125. Mikuni jets are too big of jumps inbetween jet sizes. I installed a keihin airstriker on my 144 and it was night and day. If you tell them whats done to your bike they will be able to get close with jetting and should give you some spare brass to get it dialed in. Gorr recomended CPW to me and it was cheaper then anybody else.

What year bike...and what was difference?

It was a 01 with a gorr 144. Made a huge differance I was actualy able to jet the thing spot on. mikuni jets are to big of jump between jets. My old 144 is for sale on c-list now. My 144 had low end unlike most 125's. Fun bike but I couldnt handle ringing its neck all the time so I jumped to 250's.