Got some twinwalls...no crossbar

Hey everybody, although I'm a new user I have been using this forum for years and is by far the best I've seen. I always am able to find the info I'm lookin for for everything.

So I purchased a set of renthal twinwalls for $10 but has no crossbar. I know they are ok to use w/out but I have a gpr4 and the crossbar is not a hinderance for it. I prefer having the additional strength. Nowhere online will sell just a crossbar but do any of you by chance have one sitting around that you've removed and no longer need? If so, let me know what you want for it. I really appreciate it and look forward to interacting more on TT. Thanks!

The cross bar adds a lot of strength so if you are an aggressive rider or compete I think you need the cross bar. I trail ride and run two bikes without the cross bars for a little more flex in the bars and clearance for Scotts, but after two years one set has one side bent back a bit, I'll probably replace them next year.

From a few different threads here people say that the twinwalls are fine to use with or w/out the crossbar. Someone even said that Ty Davis' team ran them w/out the crossbars. Someone also posted some literature from Renthal saying "The handlebar will run quite successfully without a cross brace. However, the addition of a cross-brace turns a very strong handlebar into an immensely strong handlebar." But that's beside the point. I AM looking for the crossbar. I don't want to run it without. But hey, chuck4788, if you've removed a couple do you have an extra one layin around I could buy off you?

• TT Sponsor
From a few different threads here people say that the twinwalls are fine to use with or w/out the crossbar. Someone even said that Ty Davis' team ran them w/out the crossbars. Someone also posted some literature from Renthal saying "The handlebar will run quite successfully without a cross brace. However, the addition of a cross-brace turns a very strong handlebar into an immensely strong handlebar." But that's beside the point. I AM looking for the crossbar. I don't want to run it without. But hey, chuck4788, if you've removed a couple do you have an extra one layin around I could buy off you?

Just keep in mind that the Twinwalls are significantly stronger and stiffer by nature than a regular Fatbar and Protaper 1 1/8 bar. The crossbar will make them even stiffer which transmits more harshness and vibration to your hands and arms. The Twinwall bar is the ONLY bar I know of where it is ok to remove the crossbar.

Thanks-

Eric

I am not sure the OP said anything about Fat Bars , i think he is referring to the 7/8" bars

If so , you can try EBay , i see them from time to time there , i use this for faster EBay searching

http://picclick.com/

to get to bike parts just go to "eBay Motors" , then go to "Parts and Accessories" then go to "Motorcycle Parts" , then use the search at the top and look for Renthal Crossbar

I just searched for "Crossbar" and only found crossbar pads , but i searched for Renthal Crossbar and found 2 complete bars , and they were $25 with the crossbar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300603811610+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300599836566+

If you are using Fat Bars , i dont have a crossbar on mine (they did not even come with one *RC bend*) so you shouldnt have any issue with those bending

Hope that helps !

........................... But hey, chuck4788, if you've removed a couple do you have an extra one layin around I could buy off you?

I'm using the 7/8" Renthals which are weaker than the Twinwall, which is probably why I bent one.:busted:

Although the bend was back rather than up/down, it's those pesky trees in the PNW.:busted:

Well i guess i dont have Twinwalls then , i guess neither are my Fat Bars i just got , since they are 1 piece not 2 like the Twinwalls ( i just looked on the Renthal site)

I always thought the stock 7/8" bars were Twinwall , that is why they hardly ever bend , oh well , both my bikes were on the original bars , My R is a 02 so thats pretty good for no bends , and my X is 06 and still straight as a arrow , i just switched to the Fat Bars on my R to gain some height , but the original bars are perfectly good !

Hey, thanks for all the feedback on these handlebars. I may just try them out as they are w/out the crossbar since I don't do much track riding anymore. I just stick to singletrack for the most part so if they are stronger than the fatbar/protapers even without the crossbar I think I should be fine. Plus I've got the ktm300 so i guess the crossbar would just increase the vibration... I just think the bars look funny without the crossbar. I'll let you know if they fold in half on me. Thanks again!