Sign in to follow this  

front fork heights after installing devol lowering link

I am installing a devol lowering link on my XR4 as I just need that little bit extra to be able to start the bike with out looking for a brick, rock or small bump to get my left foot on while I kick start the bike. Any help or tips on how much I need to lower the front forks in the clamps so I dont upset the handling too much.:busted:

measure the distance from your tire to the front fender, subract the advertised travel

you could slide them up that far theoretically. you could also slide them up what you can than cut some of the spring spacer (or make a new one out of pvc) to increase the staic sag on the front.

or you can rebuild the forks and install a spacer on the dampening rod to shorten the forks and cut the preload spacer the same amount.

guess it really depends on much you lowered the back and how you wnat the bike to steer, I would do something to the front though

I think I will measure the current track length ie front to back axle and try to set the same track length by lowering or raising the forks after the link installation