Sign in to follow this  

00-01 Powercore II issues

Anyone ever ran into issues trying to put the muffler back together after repacking? I'm not sure if the tolerances are just so close it has to be perfectly lined up, or if its bent from abuse and needs to be forced together...its such a simple procedure but this little bitch won't force together...

been banging at it...have the core section that slides in the freezer and i'll heat the other piece in the morning and see if I can get em together...it came apart so easy I can't imagine it being this close

Anyone ever ran into issues trying to put the muffler back together after repacking? I'm not sure if the tolerances are just so close it has to be perfectly lined up, or if its bent from abuse and needs to be forced together...its such a simple procedure but this little bitch won't force together...

it should go together fairly easily. its been my experience that if they two pieces dont go together fairly easily then you dont have the inner core lined up properly.

sometimes they go in super easy, other times not so much. id make sure and clean the core of any carbon especially at the tip that meets the outer body.

got it, wasn't lining up right inside...just stuck my finger in the other side and lined em up while hitting with a hammer....no probs...thanks for the help