Sign in to follow this  

Anyone want to trade?

Hey everyone I have a mint 2008 CRF450R that I am looking to trade for a 250SX or a 300XC, 2008 or newer. Would anyone be interested in a trade? My bike literally looks brand new, I have just found out that I'm not a 4 stroke fan. I could also put some cash on top for the right bike. If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, reply here or PM me. Thanks

Oh by the way I live in Eugene, Oregon

I was at the track / trails recently and spied a new 300xc. The owner has a 450 in the garage collecting dust. He loves the 300. :busted:

JTK i feel your pain. ive had a few bikes come and go, and in every for sale ad i have ever put up i mentioned trading for a 300, i even mentioned any year 300.....never got one email about one. plenty from other guys with other junk but not a single 300. i also dont see them for sale too often either, even the older late 90s and early 2000s. my theory is once you have one most people are going to be burried with them. i know right now the second i can manage to buy a brand new bike, its going to be a 300....one day. ive been saying that for a few years, and whenever i upgraded bikes, or looked for another used bike, i never could find a 300 for sale at the same time i was looking.

i know there is nothing wrong with them. im just saying for a bike that has been made for over 15 years they are hard to come by. i think from the very first year everyone who got one love them so much they will never sell them.

Have you tried posting in CRF450 forums/sections? Seems people wanting that bike would be reading up on it there and probably not sill frequenting the KTM forums/sections. Just like you're doing with the 300. :busted:

Have you tried posting in CRF450 forums/sections? Seems people wanting that bike would be reading up on it there and probably not sill frequenting the KTM forums/sections. Just like you're doing with the 300. :busted:

You are brilliant, thank you! :busted:

(just posted in crf450r section)

Edited by J T K

hehe that was kinda coming off like a dick;) Sell that sucker off and go shopping. I bought a 2002 300 a while back for $1600 out of Bend. Sure it needed some loving but that is on the cheap side. Even of one was to go with a big re-build it would be under $1K and you end up with a bike that will last another 10 years. Below is my buddy Jay at the 24 hour, he is still rockin a 2002 250 MXC.

Joe........

IMG_0529.JPG

Well I'm trying to sell it, but apparently no one wants it lol. It has been on Craigslist for a while at a decent price

Well I'm trying to sell it, but apparently no one wants it lol. It has been on Craigslist for a while at a decent price

Just wait until after the first of the year when people start getting(and blowing)their tax returns. That Honda will be gone in no time. Lol

are you prepared to fork over a nice handfull of cash for this trade? I say this because everyone knows there is no way an 08 CRF450 is equal in value to a 300. Not trying to insult you in anyway, it just is what it is. If I were you, I'd sell that 450 and prepare to take a hit, then if worse comes to worse, finance a new 300. This is one bike you'll never let go of, so if you have to finance it then it would be worth doing...

Boy I wish I knew you when I was trying to get rid of my 300. I actually posted in my craigslist ad that I would be willing to trade my 300 for an 05 or newer kx,cr, or yz450F with cash for the right bike and didn't get any takers. Luckily I was finally able to sell my 300 and buy my 07 yz450. I loved the motor on the 300 but never could get comfortable with the handling.

Boy I wish I knew you when I was trying to get rid of my 300. I actually posted in my craigslist ad that I would be willing to trade my 300 for an 05 or newer kx,cr, or yz450F with cash for the right bike and didn't get any takers. Luckily I was finally able to sell my 300 and buy my 07 yz450. I loved the motor on the 300 but never could get comfortable with the handling.

You are the exception, not the rule... who knows the OP might get lucky!

You are the exception, not the rule... who knows the OP might get lucky!

I have a few friends that ride 300's that was why I bought one after riding theirs. I just figured I would get used to the handling but after 2+ years on my 300 I rode a friends 04 yz450 and immediately felt comfortable on it, ktm was on CG for sale the next day.

JTK i feel your pain. ive had a few bikes come and go, and in every for sale ad i have ever put up i mentioned trading for a 300, i even mentioned any year 300.....never got one email about one. plenty from other guys with other junk but not a single 300. i also dont see them for sale too often either, even the older late 90s and early 2000s. my theory is once you have one most people are going to be burried with them. i know right now the second i can manage to buy a brand new bike, its going to be a 300....one day. ive been saying that for a few years, and whenever i upgraded bikes, or looked for another used bike, i never could find a 300 for sale at the same time i was looking.

I found a used one, but in Arizona and had to have it shipped. It was only a year old at the time. Expand your horizons, and shipping isnt an issue if you use http://www.uship.com