Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have an idea where I can find this part?

Been looking for a while now, mine is cracked and broken in about 10 pieces. Its #7 in the pic called the rear fender patch. Cant find one anywhere so far.

rear-fender-xl600r-1983.gif

bike bandit? is that from an XL600R? I have an old XR600R rear fender somewhere I think...

bike bandit? is that from an XL600R? I have an old XR600R rear fender somewhere I think...

Ya sorry I need to put my bikes in my sig. Its an 83.

Horrible huge things anyway,,repace it with a Maier and some smaller maybe flush mount indicators and enduro type tail light..Totally impractical setup for a road/dirt bike those original monstrocitys,,it's hanger on bits would be smashed to smithereens in a forest or boggy terrain after the first off .. First thing I do with any bike I own is get rid of that sort of stuff.,.Might be ok for purists those huge things but not for me..You'll feel as though your going faster when the aesthetics look right.,.that's a good enough reason for change..

Edited by Horri

Horrible huge things anyway,,repace it with a Maier and some smaller maybe flush mount indicators and enduro type tail light..Totally impractical setup for a road/dirt bike those original monstrocitys,,it's hanger on bits would be smashed to smithereens in a forest or boggy terrain after the first off .. First thing I do with any bike I own is get rid of that sort of stuff.,.Might be ok for purists those huge things but not for me..You'll feel as though your going faster when the aesthetics look right.,.that's a good enough reason for change..

I do want low profile lights anyway. Show me some pics of yours and maybe Ill be convinced.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/img0171ow.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img0172ss.jpg/

CRF250/450X muffler..XR600 front and rear shocks,,Honda 50 indicators,,It's not a dirt bike but I feel what I have is a semi compromise side of both road/dirt..Bit scruffy and not totally done to a solid dirt bike standard..(muffler needs a bit more refining to get it sitting right and a bit of a heat guard over it but does as is.),,ie I wouldn't ride an MX/Enduro as the thing is...Not that I'd ever consider doing one of our Enduros on a beast like that,,something we did 25 years ago when we were young and silly..Six or seven hours riding an XR/XL600 in a boggy slimey Enduro would kill an average man,,all about light bikes these days.,Geared 16/39 for the road..Running a bit rich by the look of the back end of the Muffler but it'll do..

Edited by Horri

Dunno..got it secondhand..I know it's a maier but I see they don't list them as available any more in the maier parts list..,bikes an 86..I've unfortunately sold all my spare XR600 rear guards or I'd be able to tell you for sure whether one of them would fit as I have a spare XL600 frame I could have tried it on...Pretty sure they are ok to go however,,minor triming re holeing type situation..

Dunno..got it secondhand..I know it's a maier but I see they don't list them as available any more in the maier parts list..,bikes an 86..I've unfortunately sold all my spare XR600 rear guards or I'd be able to tell you for sure whether one of them would fit as I have a spare XL600 frame I could have tried it on...Pretty sure they are ok to go however,,minor triming type situation..

See how you are, get me all excited about something thats discontinued :busted:

See how you are, get me all excited about something thats discontinued :busted:

mmm,,,Well XR600/350 would be a shot if you can get one that's cheap so you don't bust the bank should it cause you issues with the mounting..Early one,, pre 90 for the 600 preferably..350,,just so long as it's the RFVC model., it's the same as an XR600 rear guard..Bit difficult recommending different guards as while it's not a big job there's bound to be a bit of hacking and thinking needed to get things to line up..ie,,a guy that wants perfect fits and everything to just drop into place should never listen to me,,DIY's always been the name of the game among us older (brought up in the 70/80s) cheapskate riders,,

An XR650L fender will fit with slight cutting and heat.

Here is an old pic of my XL600R with one.

Use an XRL, XR600R taillight or one of the aftermarket lights for it

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=95518

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=95519

:busted: