Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey Just got orders to McGuire AFB, NJ from AZ, places to ride?

So I just got orders to NJ, currently in AZ, riding is abundant here as long as you have a plate and sticker. Ive been scouring the internet trying to find places to ride nearby. Looks like NJ is the worst place as far as places to ride. Heard mixed things about the Pine Barrens. What exactly is legal for dirt bikes in NJ? Any places I can ride, tracks, trails? I have a spark arrestor and I dont plan on going crazy, all the proper gear, etc. Also need someone to ride with too if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance! Zach

Edited by usafwx

For the pine barrens, you will need a tagged, insured bike that is street legal.

There are several enduro/hare scramble races and organizations that hold several races throughout the year.

For MX there is Atco, Englishtown, Blue Diamond

A street legal Honda Cr125r with insurance? Wow and I thought NJ's gun laws were ridiculous. Looks like I'll be sticking to the track. Thanks.

don't go! tell them you have an allergy to "jersey-shores" kind of douche-bags!

in all honesty it's probably time to start working on your mx chops or even better, pick up a trials bike and have some fun.

good luck.

thanks for your service.

You're moving from one of the coolest, freest places in America to one of the most liberal, uptight, densely populated, least fun ones. Not a lot of places to ride. And the gun laws....LOL they are some of the worst in America.

Live in PA if you can, it's not far from McGuire.

Is the Air Force punishing you by sending you here? You'll have only two choices on where to ride your CR; Atco or Englishtown, both are racetracks and not open everyday or all year. The only way to ride in the Pine Barrens is with a factory dual sport. You'll have zero chance of registering a CR for street use. Even North Korea thinks NJ is way too strict! Welcome to the Peoples Republic Of New Jersey.

You guys are too funny. What's funny is they command leveled our squadron so out of the 25 orders, mine was in the top 5, most were offutt afb or ft riley. I was super excited until I started looking at places to live ($$$$$$$$), gun laws, and then my heart broke when I looked into riding. Does this mean I need to sell my Tacoma, CR and move to a Prius and toy dog? lol. Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be making trips to Englishtown on my off days.

You're moving from one of the coolest, freest places in America to one of the most liberal, uptight, densely populated, least fun ones. Not a lot of places to ride. And the gun laws....LOL they are some of the worst in America.

Live in PA if you can, it's not far from McGuire.

Been looking in that area. I guess you have to go at least 20-30 minutes outside the base anyways to get to any type of real civilization. Cant wait for my current 20 minute commute to double.

don't go! tell them you have an allergy to "jersey-shores" kind of douche-bags!

in all honesty it's probably time to start working on your mx chops or even better, pick up a trials bike and have some fun.

good luck.

thanks for your service.

And its my privilege.

IDk being your military and a top gun a cop might look the other way out of respect,cant promise you anything.This state is the fricking worse,I think its worse then Russia,the only thing we dont have is a gulag.Oh yeah they just confiscate your bike,your license and stick it up your keister w mega fines. I ride in jackson but I have an aprilia dually,I never have seen a cop or ranger and off the firebreaks theres tons of trails you could ge tlost on.They need to have fire roads/breaks in case theres fires,problems etc,I guess there more access roads.I was gonna head down there tomorrow but now it looks like Im gonna be tooling around w my trucks brakes.

Been looking in that area. I guess you have to go at least 20-30 minutes outside the base anyways to get to any type of real civilization. Cant wait for my current 20 minute commute to double.

Good call there. PA has some riding, look up Reading Anthracite. I'm from North Jersey so I'm not sure how far that is from where you'd be. Also there is Blue Diamond in Delaware, which is right across the PA/NJ/DE border.

Living in PA would solve your gun law problem though. PA is a big state with a very rural population ("Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in the middle") and they LOVE their guns.

What really sucks about NJ is if you do get caught riding illegally, they tack points on your driver's license plus you'll pay $1,000+ in fines. Just about every township around here has road signs at the border, about no off roading and the fines you'll pay.

NJ is good for enduros, hs races but other then that not much legal riding unless you have a d/s. PA isnt to far and has some good legal riding.

Blue diamond MX isnt far from McGuires.... NJ is a tiny state, probably almost as big as an Arizona county so the other states are easy to escape to.. Good luck