Sign in to follow this  

oem parts

anyone ever buy any oem parts through cheapcycleparts.com???

i want to replace plstics on my bike, and i find oem stuff is usually better quality than aftermarket for plastics. just wondering if anyone has used this website, if they are legit, and if they carry quality parts? they seem to be priced very fair....

Yup, I have bought parts from them. They sell oem parts, have bought electrical and other, never any problems or complaints

TT store will beat thier prices!

as long as you dont need the parts quickly. I wish that TT would do drop shipping for OEM orders, it would greatly increase the time in which parts make it to your door.

I may be wrong but it seems that they order from the manufacture to their warehouse and then reship it out to you.

Not TT's fault about the drop shipping. Orders are placed with the OEM's. They will not do all the indiviual shipping. It is bad enough that the manufacturers have to figure out what warehouse has what. Manufacturers parts distribution is designed to service dealers. One day that may change. No matter who you order OEM parts from, it goes from the manufactuers closest stocking warehouse, to the retailer then to you. A few online retailers might stock fast movers but that is it.

How is their pricing compared to say Motosport.com? 3 day shipping if in stock.

Also Chaparral's OEM parts are priced fairly.....they always seem to have what I need in stock when I go in. I assume their online prices are the same.

I have used ccp a lot and for OEM parts they are about the same as the dealer less sales tax. Sometimes the dealer has the stuff in stock and Ill just pick it up there cause ccp does take awhile to get the parts and ship them to you.

motosport.com has a 25% off sale going right now on OEM parts.
thier sale price on all items i need came out to almost the same price as the regular price at cheap cycle parts. only diff is i save $9.99 in shipping.

how much will TT store beat the advertised price by?

none of the drop down menus under oem in the TT store work, so it makes it impossible to search for oem parts for your specific bike, or oem parts at all for that matter. you cannot select make, model, year, etc. :busted:

IMO, Honda East has the best OEM prices. I just compared a few items on both retailers websites and Honda East was about 10% cheaper than cheapcycleparts.com. I've had some stuff arrive very fast but other stuff has taken anywhere from 7-10 days to arrive. Only once did something actually take 10 days.

as long as you dont need the parts quickly. I wish that TT would do drop shipping for OEM orders, it would greatly increase the time in which parts make it to your door.

I may be wrong but it seems that they order from the manufacture to their warehouse and then reship it out to you.

OEM distributors do not drop ship OEM parts. It's not an option.

Most OEM parts ship in 3-4 business days, but with dozens and dozens of models and years going back to the late 50s, there are millions of combinations to order and sometimes an item has to come from a supplier back east that is 5-6 shipping days to us. One order might ship in 3-4 days, another might be 8-9 days. It's very order specific. The more popular the item, the faster we can have it ready for shipping. That bolt from a 79 Honda XR350 that sells 2 per year might take a bit longer. :busted:

none of the drop down menus under oem in the TT store work, so it makes it impossible to search for oem parts for your specific bike, or oem parts at all for that matter. you cannot select make, model, year, etc. :busted:

It's possible that there was a technical problem when you tried, but you absolutely CAN search our microfiche by year, make, model. Otherwise you couldn't buy OEM parts online.

thier sale price on all items i need came out to almost the same price as the regular price at cheap cycle parts. only diff is i save $9.99 in shipping.

how much will TT store beat the advertised price by?

110% of the difference, including shipping.

It's possible that there was a technical problem when you tried, but you absolutely CAN search our microfiche by year, make, model. Otherwise you couldn't buy OEM parts online.

I looked through your OEM fiche for Suzuki RM's and it is impossible to order parts through there. Parts that are diffrent through the years K1, K2, K3, etc are not distinguished as such. A bunch of different options for parts but no reference to what year they are for.

I would have to reference the part#'s from another site to order from yours, much to painfull for bigger orders.

Didn't you already specify the year when you searched the OEM microfiche in the first place? When I search it, I search for my specific bike. Generally, parts listed should be for the bike you searched for.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp

It asks for year, make, and model.

Yes but but Suzuki RM's enough of the parts are similar that they just group them all together from 01-08 with various parts having different part #'s through the years.

See

http://www.onlinecyclepart.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=SUZ#/Suzuki/RM250_(2003)/CLUTCH_(MODEL_K3%2f%2fK4%2f%2fK5)/021920003/56021920010A