Sign in to follow this  

2006 suzuki rmz450 help

Hello I have a 2006 rmz 450 that is overheating. It has had a new base gasket and head gasket installed. The valves are all good it has a new stronger radiator cap. When I remove the cap and when I gas it the coolant will flow to the top. Nothing in oil when drained or exhaust to see or smell. After a few laps it will just steam bad through the overflow tube. Thanks for any Help.

Sounds like a classic case of leaking head gasket or cracked head. NAPA has a head gasket testing kit that consists of a suction tube and fluid that turns color when sucking exhaust gas from the radiator, it's pretty accurate.

how does it run at idle? Could it be that your running it way too lean?

make sure ur radiator hoses are hooked up right, seen this happen and the overflow and another hose was hooked up wrong, overflow was going back into the radiator and hose the was lower on the radiator then the over flow was going out as overflow. check that.

• Like 1

Like ssanddemon said it sounds like your running way too lean. I had that problem on my RMZ450 after installing my new exhaust.

Do you use a OEM Suzuki head gasket? If not then it may well be leaking even if its new. I have seen it happen on my own RMZ with a aftermarket gasket.

Like ssanddemon said it sounds like your running way too lean. I had that problem on my RMZ450 after installing my new exhaust.

that was me , but thats ok :busted:

make sure your water pump is working. I also have a 2006 rmz 450, but i haven't had over heating issues with mine. i have read a lot about h20 pumps failing. if there are no signs of oil in the coolant and no signs of coolant in the oil then you are probably ok. its most likely the pump dude.