Sign in to follow this  

Florida Mesa Park MX

Well its a "real" small world after all.

After getting a B-day email from a x G/F I still talk with, it comes to light that her friend Theresa is the car lot owner at Mesa park and person trying to get Mesa Park MX reopened. I've met Theresa a couple of times and hope she can make it happen. I told the x G/F that Theresa needs to get on TT and post up whatever info she can and if she needs help to let us know.

Don:thumbsup:

Don,

I spoke with Scott Klucinec at the Bartow HS. He has been out there and helping to generate interest. He told them if they wanted to put in a HS loop he could get the manpower to help. Scott says they are trying to improve the MX layout but the biggest drawback is they just have regular old dirt to work with, it does not hold up well.

I would like to check it out for myself but they need to post the dates they are going to be open.

Mark C

3s50,

Man what rock have you been sunnin' on?

Its Mesa Park in Fellsmere (near Sebastian). Used to be a decent place many years ago.

Mark/Scott,

If you guys know when she has it open post the day's/times open as soon as possible and I'll be there (I don't have I/N at home so I got to know by COB thursdays)

Don:thumbsup:

Mesa will be open this weekend. 11/12/11. Track is looking better every week, Jason, Alvin and the duke crew are doing a great job making this track better every week...

Riders $20 specs $5..

I heard that they were going to be open this weekend as well. I was thinking about going saturday the 19th. Can anyone confirm this?

A friend of mine went this past weekend and said it was really good. I would love to see it reopen as it would be the closest public track to my house but they really need to get some kind of website or hotline with track hours/information.

Yes they will be opening this weekend. 9-5 Sat 1-5 Sunday

From facebook: bulldogmud bog

THE PARK WILL BE OPEN THIS WEEK-END NOVEMBER 19 * 20 WE ARE WORKING ON BE ABLE TO OPEN UP ON SUNDAY AT 9 WILL KEEP YOU POSTED HAVE TO OKAY THIS WITH THE CHURCH BEHIND US DONT WANT TO CAUSE ANY WAVES WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED. MAMA DUKE

Also they finished prepping and changing the track today so it should be fun, We will be out on Sunday.. Your right if they make this permanent they will definitely have to put a information/call before you haul line in place.

:busted: :busted:

Don,

I would like to check it out for myself but they need to post the dates they are going to be open.

Mark C

Mark, we will be there tomorrow to check it out. I keep hearing that the track isn't as "novice friendly" as the last time I rode it. I guess tomorrow I'll pop some Geritol and plan on a day of rollin'. :busted:

C'mon out!

I'll come out if I can find some premix. I'm about 4 miles away...over towards mcd's. Haven't been on a bike since march lol

I'll come out if I can find some premix. I'm about 4 miles away...over towards mcd's. Haven't been on a bike since march lol

I have a fresh quart of Amsoil premix for you if you need it for $10.

I will be out at MESA by 1. Silver Van with RM125 #237 and Yz250 #168

RAndy

DonO- sorry about the late reply but have been busy the last couple of days.

Looks like we will be heading to Bostwick on Sunday. Tried to talk Sean into something closer but he wants to ride a track he likes. We will have to get out there one Sunday to see if we like it (being close is a big advantage when we don't feel like driving so far).

Scott - post up your thoughts/impression I would like to know.

Mark C

We had fun out there today. Some of it is out of my league, but I still managed to have fun. I am told some of the jumps will probably be changed in the interest of safety - some of the doubles could be bad if you come up short. You can't see many of the landing ramps until you are in the air. I had to roll everything first and try to memorize the track. It worked for me but was tough to do as it is a big, technical track.

Despite this, I really like the track as is. Also, they mixed in some clay on the jump faces and they hold up well now.

They will be open again tomorrow at 9am (Sunday)

Thanks Scott! We ended up going to Bostwick (almost 3 hours away). We may go out there on Dec. 17/18 and try it out.

I am like you I want to "live" to ride another day! :lol:

Mark C