Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a new trail bike

Hey guys. I am looking for a new trail bike and looking into my options. I am 5 foot 3 - 5 foot 4. Not very tall. I can flat foot one foot and tiptoe the other on my dad's 90's XR200 but I am looking for more power. What is the seat height of the XR400? the XR250?

You can find the exact seat height by doing some searches. The XR400 is fairly tall, I just sold a 2001 model to a friend that is 6'2" and it seems to fit him ok with some adjustments. There arent going to be many full sized bikes that will fit your height. What is your weight and experience level? Budget?

The xr4 seat is only little more the 1/2" taller then the xr250 but the 4 is much heaver and carries the wait higher. My brother who is 5'6" is not comfort able on it. I am 5'10" and fit it very well.

Crf230 if you prefer fourstroke, but my vote is for a kdx200/220. I was riding one back when I was your height. I cut the seat out to fit me a little better then just changed seats when I grew into it. Great bikes with plenty of power for play woods riding.

If the op is going to step up to a KDX, may as well get a KTM 200 if his budget allows. The KTM is a better bike all the way around...better suspension, power, and handling.

At 5'3" you'll need to lower any real adult's bike. Were it me at that size, I'd buy a CRF150R bigwheel version, put a flywheel weight on it and a full exhaust system. Having ridden one in the woods a few months ago, I was VERY impressed with the power and handling- it was just too small for me at 5'10" and 180 lbs. A very potent little bike though, and easy to ride fast.