Hey Drz 400e owner here

hey guys im new to this forum iv owned my drz 400e for 4 years now its in supermoto kit and has been since owning the bike. seen as tho winter is here and i do not ride during the winter months because iv got a car. iv got plans to rebuild my whole bike from ground up and change the colours and other general parts of the bike to make it look new and better. im here to see what suggestions people have and how i can make it better. ill post all of my progress up on this so you guys can follow :busted: ill post pictures of how the bike used to look so you can compare at the end :busted: thanks guys

Sounds like you'll be having some good times in the garage this winter! I have an '03 E model that is kept in supermoto trim. I made it street legal thanks to a Sm frame & title off fleabay. Nothing really left to do except send the motor off to Eddie for some extra HP.

If you haven't done so already, spend some time reading up on the FAQ section at the top of the DRZ400 forum and perform the various preventative maintenance fixes listed there (locktite fix, stator bolts, manual cam chain tensioner, etc, etc) That is always a good place to start before getting spendy on the cosmetics and such.

You want some suggestions?? OK , No Problem...:busted:

Locktite fix the counter shaft sprocket, counter balancer nut, primary nut, stator screws, flywheel/starter gear fasteners.

Remove the rear suspension and swing arm, clean and grease the bearings.

Remove the steering stem , clean and grease bearings.

Do the free power mod.

Install a Manual cam chain tensioner.

Install Case Savers

Install EBC 320mm rotor kit and SS brake lines front / rear.

Re Spring and valve suspension to suit your riding ..

Install MRD SSW exhaust, 94mm Cylinder Works Big Bore kit ,4mm stroker crank , big valves, RHC stage 2 valve spring kit , RHC 187 cams, FCRMX41mm Conversion kit. ,SSW Super Start kit...

Oh, and don't forget to get the head flowed.....:busted:

Thanks guys. thanks for good replys. iv got some stuff in mind for the cosmetics. powder coat the framr new rear wavey disc new plastics and graphics and maybe a titanium yoshi system. as it stands now the bike is already a smart looking bit of kit but after 4 years i fancy a change and i thought instesd of buying something new id rebuild mine in new colours. so far deciding what colours to go with is the hardest part lol. im thinging white pannels blue frame and blue stickers or white frame and black plastics

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0191.jpg

l_756dda31f18d125b78579a763f6fa453.jpg

Hope you guys like it. the engine is now out of the bike. only got the wireing loom and the forks to take of now ready for the frame to be primed and powder coated. iv decided to go with blue and white think it will look brightest. hope you guys like the pics

• 7 months later...

Hi i recently purchased  

EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit KTM. 

for my 2012 ktm 500exc

and everything lined up perfectly. went to go for a test drive and as the brakes are compressing rotor is kitting on the brake pad pin causing a clicking noise and looks as if it will end up snapping that pin. did i not put something together correctly? is rotor on backwarrds? have you heard anyone having issues. im running the stock 2 piston caliper as well. 

please let know if there is a fix

thank you

Hi i recently purchased

EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit KTM.

for my 2012 ktm 500exc

and everything lined up perfectly. went to go for a test drive and as the brakes are compressing rotor is kitting on the brake pad pin causing a clicking noise and looks as if it will end up snapping that pin. did i not put something together correctly? is rotor on backwarrds? have you heard anyone having issues. im running the stock 2 piston caliper as well.

please let know if there is a fix

thank you

You are probably best to start a new thread in the KTM section.......https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/16-250-530-excmxcsxcxc-wxcr-w-4-strokes/

And some pics would be helpful.....