Sign in to follow this  

Honda TRX300 Fourtrax 2WD/4WD shift kit?

I have a 1998 Fourtrax in like-new condition and really like it. Reliable, light, plenty of power for what I need. The only issue I have with it is that it's always in 4WD and as a result it's hard to turn. I've heard someone makes/made a kit that would allow it to shift to 2WD. Any leads?

Thanks,

Doug

Warn made a 2-4 wheel drive shift kit. I have one on my 2004 350 Rancher. You may have to look on E bay for a used one, as I think they quit making it.

It called Drive Shaft Switch Out

It mabe by Wide Open

You can get them off highlifter.com

I never scean any on Ebay

Glenn is correct. Warn made a front driveshaft disconnect called the Warn 4-2-4. They were great units, rugged and reliable.

http://www.warn.com/atv/ATV-424Select.shtml

I would think there have to be warehouses around that still have a few of these in stock. I'd start with rockymountainatv.com or maybe ronniesmailorder.com.

I have never seen the unit made by Wide Open, but if highlifter.com is carrying it, it is likely a good item.

Glenn is correct. Warn made a front driveshaft disconnect called the Warn 4-2-4. They were great units, rugged and reliable.

http://www.warn.com/atv/ATV-424Select.shtml

I would think there have to be warehouses around that still have a few of these in stock. I'd start with rockymountainatv.com or maybe ronniesmailorder.com.

I have never seen the unit made by Wide Open, but if highlifter.com is carrying it, it is likely a good item.

Wide Open is a small private company

Warn Discontinued it 3 year ago so I wouldn't count on finding a new/old stock made by warn and warn allow a smaller 3rdparty to build them "Wide Open" it same as the from Warn.