Sign in to follow this  

"Up-Hill" Adjustment

I know I might sound like a gomer here but I am just trying to save myself some time. Long story short is I just got my suspension back in the ball park where it feels "like it used to" after a "freind" decided to do some suspension work on my bike w/o my permission. Anyways it feels good evrywhere but on up hill trails it seems like the front end starts to wonder or become vague. My sag is set, I have the bike sprung for my weight. I was planning on

1. Backing off the comp on my forks a click or 2

2. If #1 didn't work tightening up the rebound on the fork a click or 2.

I'm I headed in the right direction or am I way off base?

I know I might sound like a gomer here but I am just trying to save myself some time. Long story short is I just got my suspension back in the ball park where it feels "like it used to" after a "freind" decided to do some suspension work on my bike w/o my permission. Anyways it feels good evrywhere but on up hill trails it seems like the front end starts to wonder or become vague. My sag is set, I have the bike sprung for my weight. I was planning on

1. Backing off the comp on my forks a click or 2

2. If #1 didn't work tightening up the rebound on the fork a click or 2.

I'm I headed in the right direction or am I way off base?

You should be adjusting the rear, for uphill changes. You are probably squatting too much in the back. More compression.